1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New SONY KD32DX200 TV, any good ?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by jerkyboy, May 11, 2004.

1. jerkyboy

jerkyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    has anyone got one of these brand new Sony TV's, is it any good ?.

Any problems so far ?.

2. josereyes

josereyes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had one delivered today mostly in a fit of pique after my second PD30 was delivered and was both physically and electonically damaged. After a forceful but polite discussion with John Lewis they took that away and brought me the DX 200. (Same day ..well done JL) 1st impressions were poor ..the basic settings on this set which all seem to use full contrast were bad ..I have spent an hour with it and already have a superb picture ..more fiddling over the weekend. My summary after 4 hours - set is fabulous to look at ..picture has huge potential and I haven't even thought about the scan modes yet ..the PD30 wipes the floor with the Sony for sound ..the Sony has greater clarity but not the presence of the sub woofer ( it says it has one ..mine must have fallen out) so this weekend it gets hitched to my Audiolab amp and we'll lend it some welly. Given my major upset over Panasonic this TV has taken the heat off so all credit it to the thing. I can't tell you about the internal digital tuner because I live in Kent so we're years away from that!

3. Jez

Jez
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Been lookin into getting the 28 DX200 but have not been sure, will be watchin tv and dvd's most. Do you recomend?

4. josereyes

josereyes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What can I say? I am sure those on the forum will think me biased because of my PD30 experiences ..I can only tell you how I find it.
    Out of the box the picture was frankly terrible. But tonight, set to DCR 50, with a Telewest digital box on RGB scart and the Contrast and brightness setting sorted this is the best picture I have ever seen on any 32" - period - and I've looked at a few. The 28" can only be better. This is one handsome TV set ..my wife who sees a TV as furniture rather than home cinema actually prefers it to the PD30 ..our PD30's were on a very high stand ..this Sony looks very impressive and the black screen surround helps a great deal.
    It has taken me a fraction of the time to set up compared to the PD30. On both coaxial and RGB scart the picture is simply stunning but mind you use the 50 setting. Thinking bigger was better I had it on 100 plus ..nice but 50 is better. Sound - well it varies but about 25% of the Panasonic bass wise. However I have just ordered another Creative 5.1 sub woofer having tried my PC version and home cinema here we come.
    I wanted a PD30 and Panasonic couldn't get me one that worked - I'm angry about that. Today I wrote to the president of the company in Japan asking if he would be happy with my experiences - I suggested he find this site and read it well. Yesterday I didn't really want the Sony Wega. If Panasonic turned up on my doorstep now with a perfect model I wouldn't let them swap it. The Sony Picture is at times simply stunning but never drops to the "poor source" lows of the PD30 and there is no hint of the dirty screen on both my PD30's. The sound is nice at times on brand new adverts
    but lacks the presence of the PD30 ..a sub woofer will deal for £35.
    Buy it ..set it up properly ..be happy .. It works ..it looks good ..try and beat the picture and you'll struggle - Sony have done the business.

5. Jez

Jez
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thankyou for your comments :)

6. jerkyboy

jerkyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you tried hooking up an Xbox or PS2 to your Sony yet ?.

How does it perform ?. Does the DRC mode really improve the resolution.

7. Jez

Jez
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    jose does the dx200 have picture in picture or picture & picture or does anyone know?

:)

8. T2000

T2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It has PAP in the service menu but I dont have the button on the remote to test it.
    The DRC-MF on this set is really good Im so glad I sent the KV32FQ86
    back the picture power thing on that set was rubbish. The DX200 is well worth the extra money even if you dont need the digital tuner.