NEW SONY HT- DDW840 make it louder!!!!

S

saucytoe

Hi i have recently purchased the sony HTDDW840 i was just wondering how to make the speakers louder. any help would be appreciated. thank u :cool:

Most amps / receivers have a large rotary control called 'Volume'...:D

I'll get my coat

Sorry! Couldn't resist

:blush:

The '0dB' thing is all about the 'reference' volume level set by the manufacturer, and, certainly with a Sony, you won't need to go anywhere near it.

I've got an STR-DB780, and -35dB (-30dB is the house is otherwise empty) is plenty for me. Normal TV listening with DPLII I tend to get to -40dB or thereabouts.

All manufacturers seems to set different reference levels, so comparisons are pointless. I have a friend with the earlier kit to yours, and it is plenty loud enough!

Super7

Originally posted by saucytoe
Hi i have recently purchased the sony HTDDW840 i was just wondering how to make the speakers louder.

You can't make them go louder. According to the spec the amp is 100w per channel, which should be plenty loud enough unless you live in a barn with no roof.

Originally posted by Ian J

You can't make them go louder. According to the spec the amp is 100w per channel, which should be plenty loud enough unless you live in a barn with no roof.

make it louder!!! :eek:
100watt is enough for me!
100 watt with 2 speakers are loud but with 6 speakers it is very very loud for a normal livingroom.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom