New Sony "Bravia" replaces "Wega" series.

AML

Prominent Member
Reaction score
http://www.ecat.sony.co.jp/bravia/products/index.cfm?PD=22596&KM=KDL-46X1000

Jp site, but this is one kik ass TV. 46", 1080p panel with component going all the way up to 1080p. (D5) D4 is 1080i which means D5 must be 1080p!!

2 HDMIs, and response is only 8ms. Picture is amazing. I saw this at a show in Yokohama (japan) where it was showing some video footage from a Blu Ray player. Best pic ive EVER seen.

I would say this is the best LCD out just now, even better than sharps. Price wise its about 700.000yen.(3500quid) Cheaper in some shops. Still you can get sharps 1080i 46" for about 400.000. yen. (2000quid)

Im sure it wont be long before sharp do a 1080p panel too. Ill be waiting for that before i decide which one to get.

One thing is for sure, these new panels will do Blu Ray and the PS3 justice.

AML said:
http://www.ecat.sony.co.jp/bravia/products/index.cfm?PD=22596&KM=KDL-46X1000

Jp site, but this is one kik ass TV. 46", 1080p panel with component going all the way up to 1080p. (D5) D4 is 1080i which means D5 must be 1080p!!

2 HDMIs, and response is only 8ms. Picture is amazing. I saw this at a show in Yokohama (japan) where it was showing some video footage from a Blu Ray player. Best pic ive EVER seen.

I would say this is the best LCD out just now, even better than sharps. Price wise its about 700.000yen.(3500quid) Cheaper in some shops. Still you can get sharps 1080i 46" for about 400.000. yen. (2000quid)

Im sure it wont be long before sharp do a 1080p panel too. Ill be waiting for that before i decide which one to get.

One thing is for sure, these new panels will do Blu Ray and the PS3 justice.

your lucky to see that model as its unlikely it will ever be realeased in the uk :(

Now this is type of thing would be worth spending money on :eek:

IMHO the current LCD's are both overpriced and lacking in alot of areas (1920x1080 res and acceptance of all the required input signals) considering things like bluray and PS3 are only 18 months away

How many people upgrade a major purchase like a TV (£2-3K+) in that timeframe

Lets hope they do come to the UK

I dont think that panel is 1080p. I think its just 1080i. Still a good panel though. Theres a newer one after the G1DE in japan, but its also not 1080i.

Theres also a Samsung 1080p going about in Japan, but it doesnt seem that popular. Still. it does what it needs to do and has all the conections. (2HDMIs and components.)

So it is. But its actually an old model now, and it doesnt really have a conection that supports 1080p like the new Bravia has. The GD1 only has D4 in japan which means 1080i.

This whole "D" conector business in japan may be worse than using the 3 jack component, but at least its an accurate way to tell what the TV can and cant do.

Ive seen some LCDs with only "D3" which would mean it only goes to 1280X720 where D4 goes all the way to 1920X1080i. And D5 does the 1080p.

Well, the main point of this post is that we are now finally seeing sets that can cope with Blu Ray, HD DVD and new consoles like the PS3 and 360.

Well, as the title says, "Bravia" is designed to replace "Wega" in name only. Qualia is a different range.
I heard that from a sony rep at the show i went to the other day.

Im sure they will come to the Uk eventually since you guys have Wegas.

Price wise, I dont know.

Im just glad to see Sony finaly have their act together with LCDs and such. They finaly have something to rival Sharp!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom