New Sony Bravia 75" X89 J - dark cloud/spot in corner of screen

Willdabeast

Novice Member
Hi all, just purchased above TV and noticed a dark cloudy spot on the top right. Quite noticeable on bright scenes. Could this be the backlight/diffuser/LEDs? Is there a chance this could be fixed easily? Purchased on Amazon, they are offering either a replacement/refund or will send someone to repair it, which would be the best option considering the size (don't really want to package it up and send it off, would be a logistical nightmare).

16416317365562047129265219516023.jpg

jonjames

All I can say is I have the same TV in 65" and I do not have anything like that on mine.

pastrybloke19

Hi all, just purchased above TV and noticed a dark cloudy spot on the top right. Quite noticeable on bright scenes. Could this be the backlight/diffuser/LEDs? Is there a chance this could be fixed easily? Purchased on Amazon, they are offering either a replacement/refund or will send someone to repair it, which would be the best option considering the size (don't really want to package it up and send it off, would be a logistical nightmare).

View attachment 1632160
That looks quite bad to me; esp if you can see it in normal viewing.

I would personally either send it back for replacement, or just get a refund: both involve hassle but at least with a refund you are free to buy from anywhere again.

John Lewis and Richer Sounds are very good on warranty/customer service.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom