NEW SONY 4K PROJECTOR €4990

Peter Parker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not much to go on yet:

NOUVEAU VIDEOPROJECTEUR SONY 4K 4990€

One of my sources informed me of the imminent release (around September) of a new Sony 4K video projector more affordable since it should be offered under the 5000 € and obviously we lose in optical quality compared to VW320ES. He also told me about a new chassis which would mean that the design should differ from the existing VW RANGE. To confirm of course
default_wink.png

We should do, if it is, good deals on previous models like the 320ES in particular.

I'm struggling a little, and as a Sony 4K owner, to see how a lower spec vw320 is going to tempt people away from the JVC's and at the lower price point Epsons, where you get the bells and whistles reserved for the vw520.

Looking forward to seeing more info on these. As someone who struggled with motion on the latest JVC and Epson, hoping motion on this new Sony may be better enough to satisfy me.

Hopefully its 18gbs, good 3D, low latency and the lens is decent. Contrast/ blacks are important but motion is my main bug these days it seems. If it ticks all those boxes then i'm in.

Yeah motion is still a huge issue on digitals, one of the main reasons i went back to CRT again.. Will be exiting to see if there is actually any new tech comming from SONY, or they continue to patch up holes in the existing tech.

Hows going with panel degradation on the latest models.? Solved.?

The Sony VW320 is already heavily discounted since end of June and the official price in BE/NL is now 4250€ (incl. vat) instead of its previous price of 7000€. So that's a heavy discount and does indicate something new is coming.

Personally Sony must offer something remarkable if it wants to replace my JVC X7000 :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom