New Sony 36" Television

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by MarkNordhoff, May 14, 2002.

1. MarkNordhoff

MarkNordhoff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know when the New 36" Widescreen tv is going to be released, the replacement for the KV36FS70. Any new on specification, price etc.
    Cheers

2. fwan

fwan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Honestly, I don't want to know - SONY don't seem to want customers from their attitude they have shown over the past 12 months on the scrolling bar on the FQ & FS sets. Their quality control is a joke. You just don't know what to expect from a new model - have they fully tested it before selling them ??? In the FS & FQ sets they were still selling duff sets after admitting to the problem.

fwan

3. Tony McG

Tony McG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with Fwan all the way - I've gone the Loewe route after two duff 36FS70's and one duff 32FQ75.

I have lost all faith in Sony products and while Sony moghtnever feel the effects on their profits of never having my business again at least I feel better.

After 4 months with new Loewe I am still impressed.

4. fwan

fwan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Mark

One more thing - I am very disillusioned with magazines reviews too. T date, no one even mention the scrolling bar problem in any mags (except What Video & TV on their website news). You get better reviews and views on this forum than anywhere else !!!

Cheers

fwan

5. mo

mo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    oct.
    to include pro' scan,most likely to be around the same price.
    my pal tels me it looks the same.
    also,he tells me to look out for the picture of the new 32fq replacement.again it looks very much the same

6. jlett

jlett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After having 4 28FQ75 sets, none of which are anywhere near being acceptable, how could I ever recomend a Sony TV to anyone? My recommendations are to avoid Sony.

7. MarkNordhoff

MarkNordhoff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are Sony really so bad? I have had a KVS2942 for 9 years and I have not had any problems. What has happened to make them so unreliable.

Who can you recommend for a 36" Set instead. I am now at a loss!:confused:

8. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just buy what you want to buy from a reputable dealer - then if it is faulty or problematic, you can get a refund without any hassle and move on to a different model. From what I have seen of new Sony models, they don't have the scrolling bar problems (e.g. LS60s). Go and have a look in a shop when the new model comes out. If you don't like it, then pick something else!

It is highly unlikely you will be satisfied with the first TV that is delivered to you anyway......

Don't rely on Sony UK customer service at all however - it is truly awful IMO (for TVs, hi-fi's, DVD players.... everything! - both BEFORE and AFTER you buy!).

9. alim

alim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    By all means buy the Sony from a reputable dealer (John Lewis) but don't expect too much. Like others I have had scrolling bar problems and had the tv replaced once. When the picture on the Sony is good there is nothing to beat it. But sometimes it is grainy and a bit disappointing. I can't work out if this is the tv or broadcast.
    I spoke to Sony a couple of days ago and they are still saying there is no new 36" model on the way. In fact their latest catalogue printed last month still has the 36FS70 as the only 36" model.
    There is no other 36" tv without faults so you'll just have to take the plunge and hope you get one of the good sets.