1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Sony 20gb NWA3000 out on 31.10.05 ?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by smashed, Oct 1, 2005.

1. smashed

smashed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +162
  2. UKbondraider

UKbondraider
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    All of Sony's MP3 players look complete rubbish. That one above is probably the worst. The only thing that would save it is if it is the same size as a nano. However I am guessing it is as bulky as its pictures makes it look to be.

Their best looking model was the first one they brought out NW1 or something.

The reason why they are losing to apple is simply because of their styling. Why someone would buy a Sony over an Ipod is beneath me.

3. drmoze

drmoze
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Well, I did for battery life, removable battery, Atrac3+ encoding (gapless and very good mobile quality at 64 kbps), small size, general sound quality.

"Styling" is not at the top of my list. I have a DAP so I can *listen* to music, not look a tthe player. Also a reason why I have zilcho interest in a color screen (that will eat up power faster).

4. Sasso

Sasso

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There is plenty of talk about the A3000, but there is limited info so far so there isn't much to talk about. Like its huge size (bigger than ipod now) is still unjustified, and it does look ugly. It also looks like its going to scratch and fingerprint easily.

UKbondraider what are you talking about, the iPod looks like a bar of soap, thats really stylish. As if you would get an iPod over anything else, they are crap, especially the sound. Test them out yourself, there is no way iPod is better than a Sony.

5. L11

L11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Its less "style", more "fashion".... Them stupid fluffy boots them girls wear are horrendous, but they insist the look nice because everyone else has one..

6. joora

joora
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Errrm, smaller size, better battery life, removable battery, better SOUND QUALITY(ah yess, that is not important) ? ofcourse, i'm talking about hd5

Besides, as i still find the A3000's design ugly, seeing that pic of an 20gb ipod next to it made ipod look... more plain, older, not fresh. Dunno why, but it just did.

7. kokoshka

kokoshka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Does anyone know if the new Sony software is Mac friendly?

8. gbrooksmith

gbrooksmith
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ive been in two Sony dealerships in the south of England and they dont know exactly when the a-3000 is coming out in the U.K. They dont know very much about it(in-car use etc) and I have got the money and am waiting. This is so frustrating!!
    DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN IT IS RELEASED?

9. johann1979

johann1979
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Those trashy fluffy Yeti feet the girls wear look worse than a couldron full of witch's puke... And you are so right - it is no style and all fashion (in the ghetto at least...)!

10. dodger747

dodger747

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +209
    Didn't What hifi? rate the ipod mini[and all subsequent models] as having the best sound?