New Software, cant organise favorites anymore!

Ian Dudley

Established Member
Reaction score
Just had a software download on my old NTL box. Goodbye blue and hello black (once I worked out how to ditch the obnoxious white mini-guide).

Mostly seems to be a decent improvement, except for one brain numbingly annoying change. You can no longer arrange the channels in your own order. Is there any possible way to do this now or has Virgin just decided to consign me to a life of skipping past shopping channels trying to find stuf worth watching?

You should press 'home' on the remote and then go into 'settings'. You should see it then.

You should press 'home' on the remote and then go into 'settings'. You should see it then.

I'll check this when I get home, but I had a good look round last night and couldn't see anything. I can add and remove channels from the favorites, but there seemed no option to organise them. Had a browse through various setup menues as well and didn't see it.

Fingers crossed they're just being obscure though!

Yes it's a damned nuisance that you can no longer arrange channels in the order you want them. Before the change you could mix high and low channel numbers but now it is done numerically so if a favourite channel has a high number you have no choice but to trawl through all the crap channels to get to it. When I had v+ installed recently engineer told me a lot of people are annoyed by this change. VIRGIN TAKE NOTE!

is there way to force the PACE box to upgrade to black virgin guide?

is there way to force the PACE box to upgrade to black virgin guide?

No, you get it whenever Vigrin decides to do your area. We just got a letter today to say it's coming to our area soon.

No, you get it whenever Vigrin decides to do your area. We just got a letter today to say it's coming to our area soon.

there is a way to do it. Someone posted it in here. trying doing a search on reset or update.

but i wouldnt bother! not being able to re-arrange channels is a real pain.

Mark

A couple of other things that are no longer available or working are;

1. You can not lock viewing times.

2. The page up/down no longer works in the miniguide to jump channels.

So that we can have black menus we seem to have reduced functionality......progress!

David

I've had a good look and I'm pretty sure this doesnt work. There's no 'home' button on my remote (Samsung), and I've been right through all the settings menus on the box and not seen anywhere that allows me to organise the favorites.

From others posts in the thread it looks like they have removed the feature, which is really, really irritating.

I've had a good look and I'm pretty sure this doesnt work. There's no 'home' button on my remote (Samsung), and I've been right through all the settings menus on the box and not seen anywhere that allows me to organise the favorites.

From others posts in the thread it looks like they have removed the feature, which is really, really irritating.

its definately gone! maybe we will get it back in an undate (i wont hold my breath)

I'm still on the old menu system on my pace box thank god,
please tell me that the new system lets you shove all the unsubscribed channels to the bottom so you don't have to keep wading through them ??? :rolleyes:

please tell me that the new system lets you shove all the unsubscribed channels to the bottom so you don't have to keep wading through them ??? :rolleyes:

nope afraid not. thats what we are complaining about.

No, you can't organise them at all. In the favorites screen you can edit out the channels you dont want, but that doesnt affect the mini-guide.

So the eighth channel in the list is now BBC HD, which I couldn't watch even if I was subscribed

Then a few more in I have to skip past the two useless 'virgin central' stations and even 'old sky 2' before I can get to anything else I watch. It's insanely irritating and I can't for the life of me imagine why they've done it!

Frankly, this pisses me off more than losing the Sky channels!! :)

Had intended to ask this question to the forum a few days ago when this happened to me, I have the everything package and I wondered if it had upgraded assuming that I had a V + box rather than an old Samsung STB. To me it looks like a SKY channel order, and even though it's painful having them align all the channels can help. What you can do is set the favourites to be the first channel in a sequence line i.e. 401 for movies, 511 for sports, etc, then use that button to get there and scroll from that point rather than from the begining. To be honest I prefer the old system and hope they change it back, but I feel that's unlikely. :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom