1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Skydigibox Required.

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by sirees01, Jun 10, 2001.

1. sirees01

sirees01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,
    I am in the process of moving house, and I need another digibox for the kids bedroom.On the new property there is a minidish already there but no digibox.I am going to take my existing pace box with me to new property, but i need a second.I telephoned sky to see if i could get a new one from them but they quoted me I would have to pay full price for it.When I asked wether or not I could just sign up for another contract and just pay £40 for installation, they told me no.Does anyone know the cheapest way to do this.

2. compusolve

compusolve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why not try Ebay.co.uk or Yahoo.co.uk

They are selling for around £40 - £50

Hope this helps.

Garry

[ 10-06-2001: Message edited by: Digiman ]

3. Neil69

Neil69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Maybe the cheapest way would be to buy a video sender, this comes with a Sky remote so that you can change channels from upstairs instead of having to do it manually.
    Cheers, Neil :rolleyes:

4. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,780
    I guess that if you are doing this to get the ability to watch another Sky channel while the main box is being used there are two ways.

1: If you have a wife or partner who is over 18 you could be really devious and get them to do the contract for the second box at the same address. Just get them to us their maiden name when applying.

2: Wait for Sky's hard disk recording skybox to come out in the next couple of months and upgrade to it as I believe it's got two tuners inside.

If you just want to watch Sky in another room then the video sender is a good solution.

Gordon

5. mart.stokes

mart.stokes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I go along with Digiman, I have purchased a Sky receiver from ebay in the past. Just don't expect to pick up a Sony or Panasonic box for less than £100.

6. Peter J Roberts

Peter J Roberts
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I live with my best friend and his family in which I have my own bedsit and like you I had this problem.
    I asked a sky Installer (when he was fitting sky to the house) and he told me to register in my name and stick an A to my house number. I did and I know have Sky In My Room

Sky If your reading this then wise up my money is as good as anyones

Ps Im from Port Talbot origanally and I still own a house in Clydach

[ 17-06-2001: Message edited by: 1st Pasty ]

7. mart.stokes

mart.stokes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    1st Pasty, have you moved? I thought you lived nearer the Smoke than Milton Keynes (around Croydon?). If you have moved did you take "the chair" with you?