1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Sky+ V2 + New DISH

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by highlander_777, Jul 10, 2004.

1. highlander_777

highlander_777
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I upgraded my sky to sky+ about 2.5 years ago. Looking to replace the SKY+ box to V2.

When I went from the sky to sky+, the engineer did not replace the dish as he said that the old ones are better than the new ones.

Does anyone have a view on this?

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    It was/is totally upto the installer if he replaces the dish when upgrading a SKY system to a SKY+ system and I don't think any implied difference between the performance of minidishes seperated by a couple of years of has anything to do with the decision he made in regards to your dish:)

If your exisitng dish had been in poor condition then it should have been replaced, if it wasn't and the system was performing well then "if it ain't broke don't fix it" springs to mind plus there is a saving in time and effort for the installer which since he will have X amount of jobs to do is good news.

I have no doubt that a 45cm Zone 1 dish circa 1998 performed/performs to the same standard as one made and installed in 2004. There would be more impact on a systems performance by improvments in LNB and cable quality.