• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question New Sky TV box rumour?

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
Has anyone heard anything about Sky planning on releasing an updated PVR with lots of new features? I ask, as I'm still struggling with my Freeview reception, so a sign-up with Sky (I have Freesat and the channel list sadly just doesn't cut it as an alternative) looks likely. My independent TV/satellite installer was at my home yesterday taking one final look at my TV reception, and in passing mentioned that two Sky engineers that he knows have mentioned something about Sky releasing something, but they have had to sign non-disclosure agreements, so they couldn't talk much about it, other than something was in the pipeline with a planned pre-Christmas launch. (Makes you wonder why the Sky engineers mentioned it if they had had to sign non-disclosure notices though.) One snippet he did get suggested that any new box would have 4 LNB inputs. Speculation, perhaps?

If this correct, then I'll hold-off signing-up for now. Has anyone else heard anything?

Cheers

Clem

1080 jawbreaker

Prominent Member
would nowtv tide you over, theres always cheap vouchers on ebay. If you can handle some ropey pq its a cheap interim option

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom