1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Sky+ refusing to record Sky Mix channel

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by BibMcFeck, Aug 3, 2005.

1. BibMcFeck

BibMcFeck

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I got my 40g Sky+ box just under a month ago. During the first couple of weeks I had no problems and was very pleased with it.

Two weeks ago I had two back to back recordings fail from Sky Sports 3. This seemed to be a one off as I've recorded from SS3 many times since.

At the beginning of this week I watched two episodes of Star Trek:DS9 that I had recorded from Sky Mix last week.

The first episode had very noticable drop-outs on screen throughout the episode. It looked like the kind of thing that used to happen on VHS tapes. The adverts didn't seem to be affected by this so I surmised the original broadcast had problems.

The second episode was a lot better but also had the occassional VHS like small white dropouts on occassion.

Now anything I try to record from Sky Mix gives me a "Failed" message. The box goes through the motions of recording (red record light on throughout) but when I check my Sky+ planner the recording says "Failed" next to it and won't let me do anything but delete the recoding.

The puzzling thing is that the box MUST be recording the programme as I can watch the recording from the start while it is still recording. Once it has finished I get the "Viewed" rather than "Failed" message but I can't play the programme back and the only option available is "Delete" :confused:

I've recorded from Sky Mix a few times since getting the Sky+ and never noticed the dropouts on playback before. Now I can't record from it at all!

I can still watch the channel though and it looks fine.

Any ideas?

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    You need to make sure that when you are watching MIX you are watching via the same tuner that is being used to record it otherwise it is possible for one tuner/lnb feed to be failing and the other perfectly fine.

First thing I would do would be to power off the box (after the drive has spun down) and then swap over the LNB leads, if there is a problem with the tuner/lnb or cable then the picture probs will now be on the tuner used most for live viewing.

Worth remembering that you are under warranty so never hesitate to use it:)

3. BibMcFeck

BibMcFeck

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks I'll try that tomorrow.

Don't worry I'll be straight on the phone if the problem isn't cleared up soon.