New Sky Q/Mini network and VPN issues

jont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi - not sure if this is a real bug but it's a PITA if not !

Just had my SkyQ box and one mini box replaced and it seems that now every time I / my wife uses our VPN for work or pleasure it causes the SkyQ to become disconnected from the mini box and both have to be reset/rebooted in order to watch tv again.

In addition the fan on the SkyQ box comes on at full speed and requires the power cord pulling out in order to reboot.

Anyone else ? ... or is it me ? ... how helpful do you think Sky CS will be in trying to resolve/replace box if faulty ?

Very weird. There's two of us here on different VPNs (one Cisco Anyconnect, one Fortinet) and our Q boxes don't have any issues.

What router do you use?

a few months ago the PSU on my Asus went pop so I had to resort back to using the EE supplied router - but the VPN worked fine with the old SkyQ and mini box - it's just started playing up with the new ones ? ... using same cabling, ports, etc ... bizarre ...

Ive had this issue for a while and its been driving me crazy as to the cause. Seeing this thread has made me realise its the same thing as i used express VPN earlier today, just checked the mini box in the bedroom and once again its turned off and will need a reboot to reconnect later when i use it.

I dont have any issues with the main q box disconnecting, its just the mini box for me.

No idea why it happens but least i know its not the actual box for now.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom