• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

New Sky Plus And The Weather

garycurry

Standard Member
Hi. i just had sky plus installed on saturday and i am getting a message saying no satellite signal being received. its is also raining today, is there a link between the two. surely it shouldnt fail in the first few days.

F

Fatwaz

no it shouldnt but it could be something sily so put the box in standby and wait till the HDD has stopped then turn off at the mains a give it 2-3 mins then switch the mains back on and let it reset itself and hopefully all will be well

davemurgatroyd2

Distinguished Member
If this is an upgrade from Sky to Sky+ - the extra weight of the quad(4 output) lnb and cabling can cause the lnb arm in front of the dish to sag and unfortunately this can happen over anything from a couple of days to a couple of months. You probably need to get whoever installed it back to realign the dish.

fernandez

Distinguished Member
Where are you located?
Another cause of loss of signal is that the Zone1 (45cm) mini-dish gives marginal reception in some areas especially in really bad weather, but re-alignment is the probable solution

ElderlyEric

Established Member
I live in the south of England and have had very poor reception due to the weather on my Sky HD box in the last couple of days. You may just have a problem cuased by the wind blowing trees around close to the dish or heavy rain which can screw things up.

garycurry

Standard Member
thanks for the comments guys. the winds were very strong last night and there was heavy rain but today is nice and clam/no rain and it still isnt working. looks like i need to get the installer guy back.

Slave2DaBox

Standard Member
mine only seems to go funny in bad weather ie heavy rain

Strobe

Prominent Member
We have had Sky and then Sky+ for years. Sky+ started deteriorating long after the 12 months warranty period; whenever it rained the picture went blocky and signal lost. New LNB and box supplied by Sky, same problem. Was advised by the second engineer that had come out that the first hadn't done his job properly; ie. hadn't realigned and secured the LNB with enough care. Sounds like a similar scenario for yourself, get 'em back out to look at it.

Sky+ signals do deteriorate over time but a new installation should be spot on whatever the weather.

Kryptix

Prominent Member
Go to the Services menu, and then System Setup.

Now push 0, then 1, then select. You should see Installer Setup.

Go into Default Transponder, and push red to reset the settings, and then save the settings and try view a channel.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom