Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

New Sky + owner

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by ABBITEA, Sep 11, 2003.

1. ABBITEA

ABBITEA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dear All,

Sky + was fitted to my humble abode today. Does anyone have any advice on what settings I should use? Or any tips for a newbie.

Is the best way to get rid of the red dot to press the red button and then back up straight afterwards.

Thanks for any help.

2. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +338
    Just press the backup button. No need for the red dot as well.

3. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975

Just get into the habit of recording most of your programming since the active/red dot etc are not included in recordings.
    OR use live pause so in essence you are time shifting a program by a few minutes which will not only remove the red dot but give you time to FF through any commercials.
    Experiment with the padding for recordings, I have found 2 minutes to be fine for most subscription channels but ITV1 and BBC tend to be "loose" with timings so you may want more padding or maybe less.
    Instant Rewind is a personal choice, I have it turned off in the hope of extending the HD life and the fact that I have no interest in rewinding TV.

SKY+ just like other PVR's is a totally different beast to the VCR and requires a different mindset:)