New Sky+ - no picture thru to HDD/DVD Recorder - HELP!!!???

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by suet33, Jan 12, 2008.

1. suet33

suet33

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Have just (yesterday) had Sky+ installed. With normal sky box and scart loop used to be able to record onto my Panasonic DMR-EX75 no problem. HOWEVER - we now only get a sound recording - no picture.

I have VERY limited technical knowledge of these things. Can someone explain why this is happening and how to fix the problem .... :lease:

Thank you!!!

2. Jimmo 32

Jimmo 32

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Check that your scarts are pushed fully home,this problem can be caused by the scart/scarts being on an angle,eg one side in and the other not fully home,hope this helps.

3. suet33

suet33

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have already checked all the scart connections (have had that problem before!). So that won't help - but thanks for the input! I take it from your message that I SHOULD be able to view/record with SKY+ as I did before with the normal SKY box???

4. Adrian_F

Adrian_F

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +292
    I have an EX77 which is very similar, check the AV2 setting this should be RGB/Video. On mine it is found in...

Functions-To Others-Setup- Connection

5. suet33

suet33

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Adrian - just checked and it does say RGB/Video for AV2 setting - it is also set on Ext Link 1 - have option to change that to Ext Link 2 - but no idea what it is!!!

Out of curiosity - I can still record analogue channels on the AV1 channel on my EX75 - the problem with picture not recording only happens when trying to record Sky channels on AV2 !!! Don't know if that sheds any more light on the problem or just compounds it!!!???