Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

New SKY+ Install and box dimensions

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by d_man_uk, May 16, 2005.

1. d_man_uk

d_man_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

Excuse these questions if they have been asked on this forum before but I cannot find any definitive answers either here or on google.

I'm looking to get Sky+ installed at my new house and just have a few questions about what I need to prepare for the install.

I intend to house the box on a glass shelf so does anybody know the dimensions of the box that I will receive from Sky when they install? I have read a few wildly different dimensions for different boxes but I don't know which box Sky+ will install by default.

Also, I intend to run the cables under the floor before the engineer arrives so I will have:

2 Satellite Coaxial cables going under the floor to the front door where the engineer can connect the to the dish
    1 aerial coaxial cable
    1 telephone cable
    Power socket

Can anyone think of anything i've missed?

Cheers for any help!