New Sky HD website

inkinoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never been to the Sky HD website before but followed a link from a BBC News article and it 404ed.

Went to hd.sky.com and was presented with confirmation there would be a subscription for HD and a back view of the box.

Am I just slow in seeing the site or is this new?

Considering I work in an office that has a Sky HD box, I'm not *that* slow :)

So how come you've got a box then? Is it in use at all, are Sky actually outputting HD over it yet?

andrewjh009 said:
I'll believe it when i see pictures:thumbsdow

With very little detective work you should be able to work out which company I work for and why we have a good relationship with Sky. You will then begin to see why postiing photos is ill advised.

inkinoo said:
With very little detective work you should be able to work out which company I work for and why we have a good relationship with Sky. You will then begin to see why postiing photos is ill advised.

and if you had a very good relationship with sky and had a HD box you wouldnt be bothering to check websites as you'd have all the necessary details, and posting it here would breach a contract you would have had to sign.....

or in other words you are most likely just trying to stir things up :)

inkinoo said:

would be useful to see a more in-the-flesh pic though no?:hiya:

Knyght_byte said:
and if you had a very good relationship with sky and had a HD box you wouldnt be bothering to check websites as you'd have all the necessary details, and posting it here would breach a contract you would have had to sign.....

or in other words you are most likely just trying to stir things up :)

Indeed you are right that there is very little I can say about the box without breaching contract, hence why I asked if the details shown on the Sky website were new or not. The 404 from the Beeb link ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4793774.stm

... made me wonder if Sky had recently changed their site.

well i work for one of the biggest mediagroups in the UK who are also a finance group (any guesses?) and we've not been given a HD box yet...given we are fairly close in some regards to the big sky man himself i'd love to know who you work for because you give no clue at all, unless u mean you are a RM subsidiary?

as do you...lol

Calm Down! Calm Down!

If you bother to go back to the top of the thread, he didn't start it to show off, he simply asked what had happened to the HD website!

It was only when someone called him "slow" that he revealed that his company has an HD box.

Good grief.......

I want Sky HD and I want it NOW as much as anyone, but let's not get so tense we start flexing over nothing eh?

Daniel

What does it matter whether he has a Sky HD box or not ? Some people must already have seen them, because they're not made on planet Mars. Sometimes these forums really resemble a pack of wolves waiting for the next rabbit to wander by.

Thanks for the offer inkinoo!

For now, I'd be very happy to know if you're receiving transmissions on your HD box and whether the look great!

If so consider me jealous - official.

Daniel

I don't know if anything is actually being broadcasted in HD that a Sky HD Box could receive.

I was on Soccer AM as a fan of the week last week and the cameras had no mention of HD on them, plus the plasmas that were showing what was going out were only SD. Thought maybe it wouldn't be on the HD Sports channel in that case, but noticed this morning that it was.

Perhaps they didn't see it necessary to have HD plasmas for those purposes in the studio, and maybe the cameras don't have any mention of HD in the name or decoration.

Didn't get chance to ask anyone about a launch date, but did get told they may be interested in me sending them some motion graphics to use. I'll ask them when they'll be going out and if they need to be in Hi Def by a certain date ;)

Moderator note: Some posts have been deleted as they were simply rude and inappropriate to the flow of the thread.Please treat each other with a degree of maturity when posting.

I expect that Sky are running test transmissions, but they may only be viewable by the chosen few.

Yes - several sites have listing for the txponders - but FTA MPEG4 boxes can't lock onto them (such as my Humax PRHD1000). They don't have any PIDS in listings which is probably why they won't show up - grrrrr.

H

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom