• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

New SKY HD box rollout ?

DPB1

Just been on Sky website and they are now offering the SKY HD box for free with £60 install, however doesn't state if you would get 320GB or newer 500GB box with this offer ??

It does state that the box is ready for 3D and VOD though so would presume it's the newer model they are giving out.

Also on the website you can buy the 1TB version for £249 !!!!!

Joey2oo8

Just been on Sky website and they are now offering the SKY HD box for free with £60 install, however doesn't state if you would get 320GB or newer 500GB box with this offer ??

It does state that the box is ready for 3D and VOD though so would presume it's the newer model they are giving out.

So i take it this means the new software must support 1TB drives which would mean anyone that has upgraded their own drives to 1TB ones wouldn't have to use Copy+ to setup their drive again if they did a full system reset ??

SHATNERSTACTIC

So i take it this means the new software must support 1TB drives which would mean anyone that has upgraded their own drives to 1TB ones wouldn't have to use Copy+ to setup their drive again if they did a full system reset ??

A fair assumption for those with Amstrad boxes running the latest F/W and EPG. Would be useful to know for sure.

killz187

picture of new box

If this takes 1tb i think it should be able to go up to 2tb for up grade i hope.i will wait until they start giving them for free.i also hope it sends surround sound via hdmi.
Sky_HD1TBBox-728-75.jpg

Last edited:

logiciel

As someone wrote, anyone would be crazy to buy one, but can you give us a link please?!

logiciel

So the only way to buy is by phone?

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom