1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Sky Card

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by windfall, Sep 5, 2004.

1. windfall

windfall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Hi Chaps

I have a aspare sky viewing card. When I try to use it it comes up that the card is not initialised.

Apart from the installation bit when the engineer installs new box and new card is there anyway of getting this card to work?

I may have to re-purchase another digibox if I can get this card to work. The main question is that if you buy a card how do you pair the card to a box it's never seen? Or is it a call to sky to ask them to do it? Are they happy doing it?

Sorry for so many Q's.

Tone

2. sinbrad

sinbrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All you have to do is phone sky customer services (number on back of card) and tell them that you want to pair the card with another decoder. They will be more than happy to do that. They will take you through the process and won't take more than a few minutes. You won't get all channels immediately but over a few hours you will begin to receive all that you are able to. The card must be the one with the Yellow house on the front as that is the latest card. You can use the card as a ftv for ITV etc or obviously take out another subscription.

3. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Worth remembering that there are likely to be new "official" FTV cards issued directly by SKY when they lauch their £150 system. I've read that they will be on offer for £20 but nothing from SKY themselves at this point.

4. windfall

windfall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Cheers Chaps as per usual for the sterling help!

Tone
    :)