New SKY+ box, new problems :(

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by PaulD76, May 3, 2007.

1. PaulD76

PaulD76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hello

Got a new SKY+ box yesterday, sadly SKY are unable to activate it for some reason, they dont seem to know why and they want me to keep calling them for updates... good touch huh???

Anyway, last night i recorded the last 5 mins of a program.. (a free to air channel which works) Today i go to watch it and i get an error

"Recording Interrupted - please wait". This is not doing anything, i waited 5 mins and nothing. I turn off SKY, turn it back and its still there. So basically I cannot get rid of it.

Anyone seen this error before?

Its not going well for SKY+ right now.. :mad:

Disclaimer: in case people think i am a sky basher, ive had and loved my SKY/Sky+ for 5 years plus, never had a problem or any issues. I think its the premium tv system but this last month, ive seen the dark side :(

PS after a power off and on, its working again, but still cant view the recorded item

2. ijd

ijd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +126
    have you tried removing your viewing card, power down from the mains, wait 2 minutes, power up, when asked re insert viewing card.?

3. PaulD76

PaulD76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi IJD

When I try and view a pay channel (such as sky sports) I get the error

"This is the wrong card for this Set Top Box - Inser the Correct Sky Viewing Card"

I have tried to steps you mentioned before with no joy (just tried again to be double sure) and still the same error. Sky could not understand why this was happened and were investigating.. Still shocked that they wont call me with any updates.. thats pretty awful.

This is a problem with SKY+ recording. Tried recording a program on CH4 last night.. the error i get is when i try to view that. I have never had any problems with SKY+ records before, and find it a great service. Just think its not my month :(

4. Platelet

Platelet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    [GRANNY EGGS MODE ON]To view the premium channels, the card needs to be paired to the box, this was done to stop people with sky sports subs taking their card down the local pub. Dunno why CS are having a problem doing this, have you checked that the phone line is showing as connected, the dialing prefix is correct, you have the requisite filter (if you use broadband) etc?

[GRANNY EGGS MODE OFF]

It might be worth contacting CS via email, as at least that way they should inform you, rather than you having to call them for updates.

https://mysky.sky.com/portal/site/skycom/support/contactusguest?setaction=generalForm

I take it you have replaced the box without the aid of an engineer (as he wouldn't / shouldn't) have left without doing the pairing. where did you source the box? if it was ebay, I'd suspect you were sold a pup, if it's a reliable provider, I'd get on the phone to them