New SKY BB questions

anticlaus105

I've just moved back to Sky from Virgin.

My Sky boost router was set up yesterday. Shortly after I received a text to say I was up and running and my line would be tested for 10 days to achieve best performance. Many years ago I set a Sky router up (good old sagem). I kept checking the speed and it was increasing slowly. I had to move the router to another location and after I did the speed was stuck at what it was just before I disconnected it. It ook a lot of effort to get sky to increase the speed. My current speed seems to be running at the max I was told I could get straight away.

My Virgin will switch off on 7th. If I want to keep everything working I need to change the SSID and password on the sky router. I have also added some fixed IP addresses and want to add some port forwarding. All these will requires a reboot to take effect, which I have resisted so far.

What am I supposed to do if I can't make any configuration changes for 10 days for fear of borking the speed testing when the router reboots and disconnects? Does the speed testing process still work like it did years ago, where once the connection drops the speed is set lower than when it dropped, or does having the sky boost mean they constantly test the line speed to get the fastest?

Also using Wifi analyser app shows 5 ssid peaks on 2.4 and 5 (I also have a booster)? I'm assuming these are for router, 2 mini, q box and booster hence 5 peaks? If I change SSID on router will this transfer to everything else?

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

LG C1 OLED TV Best Picture Settings for SDR, HDR and Dolby Vision
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom