• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

New Sky 16 Digit Code For Email Setup

skk3

Had a bit of an issue this week when I was trying to add an existing Sky email account to my iPhone. Usually you simply add you Sky email [email protected] and then add your password and that's it. It just wouldn't happen, so I phoned Sky and they told me about an "extra" layer of security that has recently been introduced: Sky have to generate a 16 digit one off code: tgfe thjj .... .... etc that has to be entered instead of your original Sky password. Apparently, this has only been in force for a few weeks! Has anybody encountered this yet?

Last edited:

AciidSn3ak3r

Sounds similar to what I use with Gmail for 2 factor authentication.
Its a special password that is very strong but doesn't need 2 factor authentication (some phones may not support it, I know Android do for Gmail).

I haven't used it with Sky though, don't use their email service. Sounds like Yahoo are making moves though...positive ones.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom