• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

New silent HTPC graphics card help

pablo_paul

I currently have a Sapphire 2600 xt with a jet engine attached as a cooling fan i've been running it with riva tuner for about a year but i've had enough it's to distracting.

I'm looking for something cheap which will do the same job passively and fit into my Antec fusion case

somebody on silent pc recommended this card.
SAPPHIRE HD 3470 256MB GDDR3 PCI-E

does anybody have one of these? I will be using it for dvd/Blueray only no gaming so this seems to fit the bill.

pablo_paul

That was my thinking i'd rather keep the power of the 2600 but the zalman is £16 and the 3470 is about £25.

For the time messing around fitting and tweaking the heatsink it might just be best spending the extra £10. Has anybody got a HD 3470 in their rig? what do you think about the card is it ok for Blueray?

pablo_paul

Thanks for that. I should be getting the zqlman tomorrow from scan. I got confirmation from an old thread that the zalman would fit the antec fusion case so i went for it.

pablo_paul

I have my Zalman and it's probably the best thing i've bought for the HTPC. I wanted to post back to help other people in the future who have a case like this because i must have spent hours trying to figure out if it would fit. What did we do before google.

Anyway here are some pictures to prove it fits.

It runs cooler than the stock fan the figure circled in red is the temp watching black hawk down on blueray and was very easy to fit. just remember to earth yourself on a radiator before touching anything to prevent static discharge.

Last edited by a moderator:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom