New Sharp XV-Z200 - Matterhorn DLP

theritz

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Check it out here - I've seen reports that it's aimed at 3500 euros (about £2500), and comes in two versions, one with a longer throw lens. November release date.

Other details:

System: 1 X DMD Matterhorn
Light Output: 800 lumens (ANSI)
Resolution: 1024 X 576/k.A.
TV lines: 500
Contrast (ON-OFF/ANSI): 2000:1
Lamp: 210 W
Lamp life: 5000 H
Weight: 4.3 kg
Operating noise: < 29 db
supply voltage: 100-240 V
Connections RGB computer entrance/exit: RGB BNC Anschl.: k.A. Video (FBAS): s-video: components: 525i (480i), 525p (480p), 750p (720p), 1080i/50
Scart: no
digital entrance: yes, DVI USB:

Rough translation used - excuse any omissions !

Sean G.

Links not working for me :(

Sounds interesting. Did you catch the reviews of the new Samsung from Joe Kane? Looks to be a winner if on the pricey side ($10,000 = £6300) for HD2's these days.

Paul

Link fixed - not translated, but the specs listed above give the general idea.

There's loads of interesting stuff coming out of that show - the Samsung you mentioned, also a new range from LG, including a WXGA machine at around £2500 - link here .

All the best,

Sean G.

Toshiba are about to launch a similiar PJ - MT500 I think.

Honestly can't see any real benefit over a HT1000. Same resolution in 16:9 mode, better specs, proven reliability, excellent reviews/reputation & available now for less.

Lots happening though - always a good thing :)

Honestly can't see any real benefit over a HT1000. Same resolution in 16:9 mode

You've hit the nail on the head there! I demo'd the MT500 last week (very good BTW), it's quite litterally a HT1000 forced into 16:9 mode - you can see the lightspill over the top and bottom of the screen :laugh:

you can see the lightspill over the top and bottom of the screen

Is the DMD not 16:9 ? - thought that one of the benefits of native 1024x576 would be more straight forward 1:1 pixel matching. HT1000 produces a stunning image, no doubt, but the offset is quite severe - could see that causing some difficulties depending on the installation.

Sean G.

Yup!!! I'm not sure how it's been implemented and hence if it's made pixel matching better or worse!! Don't think i'll get a chance to demo again anytime soon to test i'm afraid. The lightspill isn't as obvious as on the NEC though...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom