1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Sharp models coming!

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by jimg, Mar 30, 2005.

1. jimg

jimg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    The LC-37GD7E, LC-32GD7E, LC-26GD7E, are arriving in June and have HDMI, 2 x Scart, Component, S-Video etc.

Also there is a 65" screen coming! :thumbsup:

Pictures can be found here:

http://www.aixess.de/cebit2005.html

2. imh

imh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds a similar spec to Loewe Xelos A series, 2 scarts, component, s-video, HDMI and VGA inputs, so probably the same screen underneath. Loewe's 26" model is available now though for about £1350 ish

3. mike7

mike7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +512
    Also of interest is the new 50 Series which is aimed at current SECAM and PAL 625line transmissions. Pixel count of 960 x 540. Sharp hedging their bets and anticipating that HDTV is not going to take off as fast as some expect.

4. jimg

jimg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Loewe actually use Sharp screens!

5. Rob1698

Rob1698

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Some googling learned that it will be produced by Loewe in Germany.
    It has DVB-S and DVB-T tuners. However, this is usually a limited and expensive solution as you have to add a CAM (access module) for encrypted signals.
    This usually costs more than a DVB-T tuner with embedded CAM, and for satellite this results in a quite limited setup compared to a Dreambox, for example.
    And of course for Sky UK you can't get a CAM at all.

6. imh

imh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know... Was really pointing out that the 26" model is available right now. Saw it in Linn last week, looked fantastic. Very sharp compared to the 42" plasma it was next to.

7. LcdGuru

LcdGuru

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That 65" is a monster :eek: Not sure I could get it thru my front door - but I want one all the same!!!

8. Corelli

Corelli

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sharp actually took over 29% of Loewe not long ago. Financially Loewe is (or was?) in bad shape. Without Sharp it wouln't probably exist anymore. Their first baby will be the Aquos GD7E (with three models).

9. Dr Pete

Dr Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Any idea what this means for thr 45"? HDMI too? Hopefully a price drop as it's not the biggest anymore.

10. richjthorpe

richjthorpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
  11. jimg

jimg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Look at the size of this 65" monster!!

[​IMG]

12. yonderblue

yonderblue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    The Chav's version (With red frame (or it is fake wood finish) with built-in speakers) is just awful.

13. jimg

jimg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I agree it is disgusting!

14. NicolasB

NicolasB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +669
    I don't suppose there's any chance they'll do a more affordable 1920x1080 display, is there? When you look at the price difference that used to exist between an LC37GA3E (or GA4E) and an LC37GD1E, it seems likely that, if they had done an LC45GA4E, it would have been at least £1000 cheaper than the LC45GD1E is, maybe even £1500 cheaper. That, at internet prices, would have been a really attractive buy. As it is I won't be buying an LC45GD1E because I resent having to pay that much more for features that are no practical use. :mad:

15. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    The problem with the 45GD1E is that the GD range cannot be distance sold by dealers signed up with Sharp, unlike the GA series that Sharp does allow to be distance sold. So they do not benefit from internet pricing. However, I suspect that even if the display could be distance sold, it would not be discounted as must as other displays since I believe that the markup on this product is not as much as others in the same range. The implication of this is that the screen is indeed much more costly to produce at present and that Sharp are keeping margins low to keep it relatively competitevly priced. If a GA version was produced, I would suspect that the difference would not be as much as the difference as say between 32" GA3/GD versions.

16. NicolasB

NicolasB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +669
    But there are plenty of internet vendors offering sizeable discounts on the LC45GD1E. If you buy one at high street prices it costs £6500. Online there are now several places charging £4800-£4850. Compare that with the LC37GA4E when it was still available. (New price ~£3500, online price ~£2300). Okay, it's not quite such a big reduction on the 45" screen, but it's comparable.

And look at the difference in the retail prices for the LC37GA4E and the LC37GD1E: the GA4 is almost £1000 cheaper. If there were an LC45GD1E that cost £1000 less than the LC45GD1E, and you could only get the same discount on it as you can get on the LC45GD1E, it would still cost barely £4000. If you could get the sort of discount you used to get on the GA4 series that'd obviously be even better. :)