1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Sharp 28JW73H 28" TV - any comments ?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by PKblue, Mar 17, 2003.

1. PKblue

PKblue
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Has anyone seen or know anything about the new Sharp 28JW73H 28" widescreen TV ?

It seems pretty well spec'd for a cheap TV, incl 3 SCARTs (don't know how many are RGB though) and S-Video.

It is not meant to be true flatscreen, but is meant to look just like a flat screen TV.

Cheers

PK

2. Jimmi

Jimmi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    I'm just about to return my 2nd one of these sets.
    Not because the TV is bad, on the contrary it's a great TV amd it's really annoying as I really like it.
    However the 1st set I had suffered from what can be called 'white flickering' in all screen modes except superwide.
    I replaced the set for another and that too suffered from the same flickering problem in all screen modes except Anamorphic WS.

The flicking issue appears to be a 'quirk' of the set because I've had 2 and they both seem to do it.
    I posted to this forum (and others) here and nobody seems to have an explaination for it.
    It really is a shame because if it wasn't for the flicker it would be an excellent set for the price.
    I'm reluctant to give it back because I have no idea what to replace it with, but it's impossible to watch a TV set which noticeably flickers white over most of the screen like this one does.
    Shame.

3. PKblue

PKblue
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2

Thanks for the info.

What about the the flat screen version of the Sharp TV (JF72 etc) ? I wonder if that would have the same problem, maybe you should check it out.

Cheers,

PK

4. Jimmi

Jimmi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    I've thought about that but considering they both have the same model number (with the exception of an 'F' for flat) it's highly likely they are identical in every way except the flatness of the screen.
    The flatscreen probably has a few more options in the menu, but I'd imagine thats about the only difference.