New Setup?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Seth, Jun 6, 2002.

1. Seth

Seth
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right this time round i have the funds and am now about to venture into homecinema in a reasonably big way....well at least a step up from my Digitheatre!

The budget is £800 but i could be persuaded to spend maybe a little bit more if it would really justify it ( i dont want to spend £800 when £900 would give me a much better end result).

I need/want this, 5.1/6.1 DTS DTSES EX and i dont know what matrix or neo:6 is but im sure someone will help out.

I need an amp and 5 speakers and a sub, with view to add a 6th speaker reasonably soon.

I dont have a clue what amp, maybe a marantz 7200? and speakers i was thining maybe a tannoy selection, but you lot are the experts, advice please...also what sorta wiring will i have to be looking at? Dont want to have to spend like £10/m :)

cheers

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Im prety sure i saw a denon AVR 3802 for about £550 i could be wrong if im wrong get the yamaha x1 or x2 they are about £500 they were £1200 but cos its an older model its got down in price but who cares as long as it sounds good and has everythign you want.

I have seen the misison flat speakers FS2AV for £400 so everything costs £900 shop around you might get it a bit cheaper but if you get the set up i have sufested then you cant go wrong.

Buy home cinema home entertainment what hi fi audio and visual magazines 1 magazine might be byist hope this helps

3. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would suggest you check out the Marantz amps, maybe 5200. Denon 1802/2802 and also Yamaha 630. Tannoy MX speakers are great for the money, also check out Mission. For a sub, I hear good things about the Paradigm from Richer Sounds for £150. You'll have to ask in the speaker forum about that.

Neo 6 etc is similar to Dolby Pro Logic 2 which is desirable if you watch a lot of TV. It basically does a much better job of processing the stereo signal than Doly Pro Logic.

S

4. yimpster

yimpster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Might i suggest reading http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=38222&referrerid=10402

Placed the order with discounttv on Weds morning, arrived thursday morning.

I picked up the Missions FSAV2's and the Denon 2802.

If you want small/unobtrusive speakers then the Missions are great for £400. Although i did spy a nice set of Jamo's in sevenoaks. They were similar but smaller and a much nicer finish. However they were around the £650 mark.

The 2802 amp is more than enough to power these diddy speakers.