1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New setup thoughts

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by iSix, Oct 23, 2005.

1. iSix

iSix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've decided to spend this months paycheque on upgrading my sound system and was thinking about:
    Amp: Marantz PM-11S1
    CD: Marantz SA11-S1
    Speakers: B&W 703

Total cost approx £6.5k

What are you thought on this combination? Any suggestions for alternative components?

Thanks.

2. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    Its a decent combination,and should be at the price,but I'd hope you're going to try this before buying it,in the comfort of your own home.

There are a huge range of other things you should try,and in the integrated amps,you should consider Bow,Krell etc,and be prepared to look around for speakers as well....once again,a huge range to listen to before buying.

Have you tried any other items yet?...or this combination?

3. LFCRules

LFCRules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +188
    Forget what you buy, I just want to know have they got any jobs where you work :D :D :rotfl:

For that sort of dosh, you could try out some pre/power combinations also on the amp front. Also, have you budgeted in the connections as well, interconnects and speaker cables?

Cheers

Andy

4. iSix

iSix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Already booked, waiting for them to get the amp in for me to home trial it all (hopefully next week).

I'm waiting for stock so I can home trial this system. My current is amp is a marantz pm7200 and speakers are BW DM603's (which someone wants to buy off me hence the upgrade) and an old sony cd player picked up from comet as a 'managers special' :p, and I'm very happy with the sound from the marantz + B&W combination, hence my first thoughts to stick with that combination, but I'm open to other suggestions which I can then go out and try.

I've already got high quality interconnects and cables from my current setup which I'll be keeping, and was going to re-use them for now. :)

We currently have no vacant posts :p