New Setup Assistance Please

dougie8

Standard Member
Hi all,

Good morning,

I am looking to install a home cinema sound system over the next few months, I've been looking around for some time and have narrowed down to the following system, obviously this is not set in stone and I'm putting the feelers out to see what you guys think?

I may see if I could swap out the sub for a BK, however I am open to any/all of your suggestions.

The system will be mainly for movies, however I do also listen to quite a lot of music through Spotify and would ideally like a setup that can handle both.

My living room is currently almost 5.5m x 3.5m, included is an aerial image showing my current layout.

This would be my first venture into home cinema and would like something that will last some time, i would also in the future like to get a projector and screen fitted however the old funds will dictate when this can happen.

Any feedback/suggestions are welcome as I am open to any alternative suggestions.

Thanks for taking time to read my post.

Regards.

Attachments

• Top View.jpg
    Top View.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 31

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
The window will be the biggest hassle to deal with, it means your surround speakers will have to be a bit behind the seating.

If you are 'planning ahead' I will also consider allowing for overhead channels, which means setting the surround channels a little lower than they would be if you were not planning around an immersive (Atmos) layout.

Joe

dougie8

Standard Member
The window will be the biggest hassle to deal with, it means your surround speakers will have to be a bit behind the seating.

If you are 'planning ahead' I will also consider allowing for overhead channels, which means setting the surround channels a little lower than they would be if you were not planning around an immersive (Atmos) layout.

Joe
Thanks for the feedback Joe

The distance between the back wall and the back of the sofa is 1.5m the house is a small bungalow so putting speakers in the ceiling would be relatively easy as I have good access in the loft space and ducting which runs down from the loft through the the wall cavity behind the tv coming out behind the units below the tv

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom