1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new set or replace some

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Alan Goodhand, Jan 21, 2004.

1. Alan Goodhand

Alan Goodhand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I,ve had pro-logic for 10 odd years. I've decided to upgrade my yamaha receiver, but what speakers do i get. I have been using JBL MR front speaker, Modaunt-short 05i for the rear speakers and just some old hifi pioneer speakers for the front. Is it best to replace all, or keep the rear and centre spakers. I have a budget of about £500 to get the receiver and spaekers ?:confused:

2. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    Get matching speakers for the front 3, for an even, balanced soundstage. Use your existing rears until you start getting into DVD-A and SACD, where matching speaker tones all-round become more important.

3. Alan Goodhand

Alan Goodhand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you very much for your reply, i find it very interesting. I now have three options. Originaly after writing my question i was either going to get: 1/ Panasonic 28 inch tv (TX28PS12) with Yamaha receiver (RXV540) with Tannoy speakers (FX5.1) with either keeping my MR centre for rear centre or getting another Tannoy. OR 2/ Toshiba 32ZP38.
    Now thinking of option 1 with new front 3 (do you suggest 3), keeping old rears(M-S 05i's).
    My question is which option in your opinion would sound best ?