New Servo 15 announced

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Ian J, Aug 8, 2004.

1. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I found the following post on the Secrets of Home Theatre Forum :-

What wouldn't we give to see a three way review between the new Servo 15 and SVS PB-2 Ultra both at about $2,250 each plus the Velodyne DD-18 at double the price.

2. Smurfin

Smurfin
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,386
    Indeed, and don't the paper specs look awesome! Doubt RSounds will ever stock them though :mad:

3. ShinObiWAN

ShinObiWAN
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. n0chex

n0chex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +399
    " The Race Has Begun " Hit that Google search ..... IMPORT Paradigm Servo-15 v.2 Subwoofer

The War has Begun !

5. samhain

samhain

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +129

Could be a problem yet again with power supplies ? It will still be like the preverbial tank that is only ever livable if you are a diehard enthusiast and don't care about living space or the lucky ones who have a dedicated room.

6. logoguy905

logoguy905

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No, not at all.

Paradigm did not have ready the v.2 servo at the time of it's v.3 studio launch. So, in order to make sure all pieces from the studio line matched up, they began offering the 'old' servo in the 'new' finishes.

The servo 15 v.2 will also be offered in the new finishes, but will feature a slightly diff. cabnet design at front, a different looking speaker, a more powerful amp, and a balanced in line.

Personally, I'm sticking with the original servo, in black. I did try and purchase a Sycamore servo v.1, but they had sold out of them completely as of last month!... a whole month before they were to be considered discontinued. So I had to purchase a demo (which still has warranty). Considering I'm getting the demo for a grand Canadian, and the new v.2 costs 2300+ Canadian, I think the new piece is not worth the asking price... only in comparison that is to a used v.1. So if you're in the market right now to buy the new one, you might just want to save HALF your cash and pick up a used/demo Servo. Besides, both boxes are large and ugly... so there's not much win/win in that department.

Servo 15 v.1 - Goes down to 14hz clean and can do about 110db. Rated 400 watts

Servo 15 v.2 - Goes down to 10+hz clean and can do about 120 db. Rated at over 1000+ watts.

So, is 4hz, and the ability to fill a stadium (400 vs 1000+watts) really an issue? Old servo can knock down walls in very large rooms already... and yeah, the amp is meaner, but it's still a class D... while the older amp was a Toroidal. Sounds like a numbers game on the new amp. I'll take the best quality of sound any day over quantity.

7. jeff-o

jeff-o

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My PW-2100 already shakes every loose object in my house when it's cranked, and it's only 400W RMS. Three times the power, down to 10Hz? Scary. My neighbours and family would kill me.

Hmmm, I wonder how soon my audio shop will get one of these? Paradigm's HQ is only 100km from where I live...

8. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    It isn't the slightest bit relevant but I used to live within a mile of the Jaguar factory but it was still cheaper to go over to Belgium to buy one.