"New Services Found - Press OK to Scan for new services"

Steve-L

Novice Member
Anybody else got a Panny 42-PV500 Plasma and being plagued by this message? Previously I would get this once in a blue moon when a new channel came out - but for the past few weeks the message is coming up every time I turn the TV on. When I click OK - it will either search and find nothing or lately it will search and quit out half-way through.

Not a major problem but it is annoying!

Thanks.

massimo

I have had this problem for the past few weeks also. LakisD mentioned you can turn off the messages in your DVB menu.

I've been wondering if this has something to do with the problem a few people have had lately of the DVB menu thingy freezing and becoming sluggish.

Anyone think this could be a firmware problem? And how the hell do you update your firmware on a 42px60 anyway?

Steve-L

Novice Member
At least I know it's not just a problem with my TV then!

May just have a look at disabling this if there are no better solutions as I hardly ever watch freeview channels anyway.

Cheers.

D

David1943

I get this message every time I switch on my Panasonic PX60 but, because I use an ntl feed, it hasn't been too much of a nuisance.

I'd like to know how to disable it though - Thanks.

David :)

Gussie

I have had this problem for the past few weeks also. LakisD mentioned you can turn off the messages in your DVB menu.

I've been wondering if this has something to do with the problem a few people have had lately of the DVB menu thingy freezing and becoming sluggish.

Anyone think this could be a firmware problem? And how the hell do you update your firmware on a 42px60 anyway?
See my post ...

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3884326&postcount=4

Like most Freeview (DVB-T) receivers - the PX60 suuports over the air (OTA) firmware downloads - just for the Freeview functionality I think - which are announced on the site I referenced. Just make sure you check that site for any Panasonic downloads and then make sure you have your PX60 on or in Standby during the dates specified. For Standby firmware updates you must have that functionality enabled in the PX60 DVB Setup menu.

The DVB functionality on my PX60 has been acting very strangely the past few days - along with me now noticing the dreaded purple snakes for the first time since I got the thing back in May.

Gussie :)

D

David1943

The DVB functionality on my PX60 has been acting very strangely the past few days - along with me now noticing the dreaded purple snakes for the first time since I got the thing back in May.

Gussie :)
Thanks Gussie - I don't want to risk seeing the dreaded purple snakes, so I'll leave the settings alone and put up with the message.

Steve-L

Novice Member
I get this message every time I switch on my Panasonic PX60 but, because I use an ntl feed, it hasn't been too much of a nuisance.

I'd like to know how to disable it though - Thanks.

I've just disabled it on my PV500 by going into the menu and selecting "Setup Menu" -> "DVB Setup Menu" -> "DVB Tuning Menu" -> "New Service Message" -> "off" :smashin:

I always leave my set in standby so if there have been any over the air updates I would assume I already have them?

D

David1943

I've just disabled it on my PV500 by going into the menu and selecting "Setup Menu" -> "DVB Setup Menu" -> "DVB Tuning Menu" -> "New Service Message" -> "off" :smashin:
I'm willing to stand corrected if I'm wrong but I don't think the PX60 has such a facility :confused:

Searcher2

I get the new services message on my Panasonic DVD recorder.... but not on my 42PX60 (yet)! Odd... I thought it was an issue with the firmware on the DVD recorder.

Steve-L

Novice Member
I'm willing to stand corrected if I'm wrong but I don't think the PX60 has such a facility :confused:

Not got one myself so had a quick flick through the manual for your TV online - according to page 28 it does have this facility.

You have to have your TV in DVB mode not analogue or AV for this part of the menu to show up.

D

David1943

Not got one myself so had a quick flick through the manual for your TV online - according to page 28 it does have this facility.

You have to have your TV in DVB mode not analogue or AV for this part of the menu to show up.
Steve - You are a star sir. I've just disabled it :smashin: