New Series X keeps asking for a password in order to start playing, which I don't have!

TheFellaLondon

Novice Member
I got a new Xbox Series X for Christmas, plus Halo Infinite, but it is asking me to set up a profile before I can start playing. I put in my email address, but then it is asking for a password, which I put in, only to be asked for my microsoft password. Not having one, I tried to skip this and start playing without a user profile, but when I launch the game, it is still asking me for a password! Even more frustratingly, there seems to be an option to sign in 'with another device', but I can't seem to select this option with the joypad - moving the joysticks around just moves the options on the pop-up keyboard - I can't seem to highlight the device option at the top of the screen, next to the password screen. I am obviously doing something wrong - any ideas?!

adbailey18

Distinguished Member
If it's asking for a password, then usually it means the email being entered is associated to a Microsoft/Xbox account. Have you tried following the options for forgot password?

Anubis1

If it's asking for a password, then usually it means the email being entered is associated to a Microsoft/Xbox account. Have you tried following the options for forgot password?
Agree on mine it was the Microsoft outlook password it wanted from my user account setup from when I started using my user account which I set up on the Xbox one as said above have you tried the forgot password.

TheFellaLondon

Novice Member
Thanks - I have managed to reset the password on my computer, and have now gone back in and it has worked. Seems I was also using the wrong email address, which obviously didn't help! Still getting to grips with the new joypad controls.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom