1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New series of Tru Calling

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Miyazaki, Apr 22, 2005.

1. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    Anyone seen any of the new episodes?

I remember someone saying on here it had been pulled, which obviously isn't the case as they are up to the 6th episode over the pond!

I really liked the first series, and am looking forward to this series!

2. smelly

smelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +102
    Sorry to say but it has been cancelled. They only recorded 6 episodes of the 2nd series and its these that they're airing. According to the forum on tvtome the sets have been destroyed, the actors are all in new programmes and Fox just aren't interested in resurrecting it. Shame as I enjoyed it :(

It'll be good if they show the series 2 ep's over here, although apparently there is no series finale, its just left hanging which will be annoying.

3. steve36

steve36

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    It was pulled after making 6 episodes as Fox stated it did not fit with their other programs such as OC.
    So they went a produced point pleasant, gosh that was a good idea!

Not that it was not a good idea for a program just lacking some of the humour & subtlety that Buffy and to a lesser extent Tru calling had.

It has supposedly been stated that the last few episodes will be shown later in the year. Knowing Sky it will be on at 03:00 in August when everyone has forgotten about it.

I just hope that 'dead like me' does not go the same way, it takes a lot of courage to produce a show with a dark theme.
    The saddest thing is that they cancelled it last October whilst putting their hopes on PP. I bet the DVD sales of series-1 give Fox a surprise.

Steve

4. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,809
    Yeah..I liked it...Eliza is looking like she's going to have a recurring role in That 70's Show..
    Gordon

5. steve36

steve36

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    From the checking around I've just done it appears that Fox kept putting it out on Thursday night against programs like CSI / Friends.

I think that US TV is sinking fast.
    What if Star Trek TNG had been put on Thursday night?
    Would it have survived for a whole season?

On a similar question how come Joan of Arcadia survives? Who's watching it?????
    It's pleasant enough.

Steve

P.S. Thanks for the info Gordon, I was worried she was going back to college. What about Jason?!

6. TheAvalanche

TheAvalanche

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There was a reason for this. The show was crap.

7. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,809
    I didn't think it was crap......

I don't really care where Jason is to be honest....call me sexist if you want....hahahaha....Eliza....mmm....ELiza....

G

8. steve36

steve36

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    I don't know why I'm replying to this but the show may not have been the best show ever made but in my opinion it was generally one of the more intelligent shows that I have seen quite a while.
    It was very entertaining when Jason was trying to ensure that someone died whilst she was trying to save people.

Maybe I'm just getting desparate for something other than Big Brother/Celeb Wrestling/Celeb come dancing/Fame academy/Pop Idol/American Idol/ Eastenders(!)/ House makeover shows..../House sale shows/Constant repeats of Friends/Constant repeats of the same Simpsons episodes etc

I was joking about Jason, although I do have sympathy when someone is told they have 20+ episodes are suddenly sacked.
    I'm going to see if I can stand 'that 70's show', I keep trying but....

P.S. I'm not picking on Friends, but after the 4th time is it comedy or Karaoke when you join in with every line. :)

Steve

9. mykl1971

mykl1971
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When the box set for Tru Calling is released on R2 next month, it will include the 6 episodes from Season 2.