New series of The 4400

Battle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The new 3rd season of The 4400 starts on Sky1 on Wednesday 9.8.06 at 22.00 hrs

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Can't wait, one of my favourite programmes.

Really must make some time to watch the second series. Watched 2 episodes, taped the rest and I still have yet to watch them.

Was I in a bad mood or was the 1st episode of the new series total garbage.

I reall enjoyed the first two series but I gave up on this after an hour or so.

Senrap said:
Was I in a bad mood..
Yup!!! ;)

I am up to date with the US broadcasts, so am up to episode 10 (and episode 11 by Monday probably). Season 3 is exploring the threads in greater detail now (rather than Season 1's 4400 person of the week), and with quite a few twists that you start to wonder who the good guys really are, why the 4400 were really abducted, changed, and returned. This season was shot end to end with last season, and the whole story arc seems to me to be very well crafted. With season 1, the writers/producers have said that the big reveal at the end was how they originally were planning to end the whole series after a few seasons, but then decided to bring that forward; ditch the 4400 of the week type episodes and construct a more complex arc and mythology to drive the show from season 2 onwards - I'm glad they did it, and think that the show just gets better and better :smashin:.

I am really enjoying it. I strongly recommend that you stick with it :lesson:.

Senrap said:
Was I in a bad mood or was the 1st episode of the new series total garbage.

I reall enjoyed the first two series but I gave up on this after an hour or so.

That's a shame because I think you have to treat it like a new pilot as the third season looks like it will take a totally different track then the first two and concentrate more on long term arcs and the more drama based situations that will be created as the 4400 become more than just a curiosity and there purpose/s become apparent.

On the SKY1 pace, worth waiting for the High Def broadcast so looking forward to the remaining episodes:)

I thought the 1st episode was good. Not brilliant, but good. It does seem as others have said that the 3rd season will be completely different to the first two. I felt that apart from a few minor running storylines and the build up to the shooting and end of season 2, that it was mostly 'monster of the week' style episodes for most of S1 & 2.

Ok guys, I was feeling a bit tired so I'll try and stick with it.

However I must say, the missus and my son weren't that impressed either so I will have to persuade them to watch, otherwise it will be a :nono:

Missed the theme music though, really like Amanda Abizaids song but then again perhaps it doesn't fit into the new feel of the show.

Starburst said:
Missed the theme music though, really like Amanda Abizaids song but then again perhaps it doesn't fit into the new feel of the show.
Don't fret its in all subsequent episodes ;)
- just like the Season 1 and 2 openers (and many show's in general) the main series opening theme tune/song is absent

Season 3 is the best 4400 series so far. I too am up on the US shows and I am really enjoying this show. Season 2 for me was no where near as good as this season.

Enjoy :smashin:

I really couldn't get into this. I watched the first half dozen episodes or so(the last one was about the young lad with healing powers moving to some gated community) and then kicked it in the head. Did it improve by the end of season 1?

Razor said:
Season 3 is the best 4400 series so far.
It's often said that many US shows only hit their stride at third season, and seasons 3 through 5 are best years. Perhaps 4400 will follow this established pattern?

StooMonster

lovemunkey187 said:
I really couldn't get into this. I watched the first half dozen episodes or so(the last one was about the young lad with healing powers moving to some gated community) and then kicked it in the head. Did it improve by the end of season 1?

No not really season 2 would of got switched of if it wasnt for the missus. Season 3 is all together a different kettle of fish. A far better season.

Stoo - If season 5 of 24 is anything to go by then your spot on. :smashin:

Razor said:
No not really season 2 would of got switched of if it wasnt for the missus. Season 3 is all together a different kettle of fish. A far better season.

Good to see you back:thumbsup:

I have been away last two weeks and did not know 4400 was starting, is the first episode being shown again before the second one this Wednesday?

SPOILER; for 2nites show (wed 30 Aug)

44' was good 2nite, watch both part 1 and 2 back to back, and the secondpart seemed to easy for everyone by them starting to have deja vue and flashacks. The aliens are not very good at the eraser game.

But enjoyable, and the ending... Tom,.. anyone is going to need to be really brave to 'get' to Isabelle!. And also a hint by maya's so called alien old sister of a darker power coming to wreak havoc maybe.

To be honest I watched season 1, 2 and 4 of season 3's episodes within a week or so (holidays!) It started well and then it slowly got worse I had to force myself to sit thru the end of season 2 and the 4 episodes of season 3 its getting so preachy and full of itself. Then I stumbled on the fact that its all based loosely around that L Ron Hubbard guys religion which makes perfect sense now, shame its gone on a nose dive cause it started well.

Bumb.

Mate borrowed me the first 2 seasons of the 4400.:thumbsup:

Didn;t know anything about it but real enjoyed it.

Was planning on asking him to borrow me Season 3 whne I get back to work but Amazon have it listed as June 07:eek: so I guess he won't have it yet.

It is realy that far away:rolleyes:

I'm assuming that not many people watch this then:rotfl:

No wonder i'd never heard of it lol:rolleyes:

I'm assuming that not many people watch this then:rotfl:

No wonder i'd never heard of it lol:rolleyes:

I'm not sure what you are complaining about. Most viewers have seen season 3 and are now waiting for season 4 to start (US start is usually around June). As they are shortish seasons, there is a long gap between each (it seems "years" since Sky showed s3) and therefore discussion has dwindled by Christmas. A search of the forum should discover a lot of messages.

I am not complaining about anything:eek:

FYI, I did a search and this was the most recent discussion thread I found.

Artwork for US/R1 release of Season 3 ...
4400S3.jpg

according to www.tvshowsondvd.com ...
4400, The - Season 3 Date & Extras

One of our trusty retail friends dropped us a line on the third season of The 4400. The 12 episodes will be on 4 discs, along with some great extras, including:
  • 4 exclusive featurettes
  • Gag reel
  • Introduction by the series creator
  • 6 audio commentaries
The set will be released on May 8.

Link to this page: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6855

All news for this show: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/shownews.cfm?ShowID=8040
- from past experience can expect it to be around the £15 - £17 mark at CD WOW and PlayUSA; it can also be pre-ordered now at www.amazon.com/dp/B000MX7V66 for $27.99 + $6.98 intnl shipping (= $34.97 / ~£17.77 ... could be over the customs limit at time of shipping); and UK/R2 release a few months later around Autumn I'd guess

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
To my suprise that The 400 will air on 17th June with a 4th Season in US. :thumbsup:

So when can we except UK to show it?.

To my suprise that The 400 will air on 17th June with a 4th Season in US. :thumbsup:

So when can we except UK to show it?.

Someone over at DS has quoted 10th July as the air date for the new series on Sky one

Oh yes, and do you know something everyone else doesnt - where have the other 4000 gone :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom