1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New series CSI & CSI: Miami plus Boomtown

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by FishCake, Jan 22, 2003.

1. FishCake

FishCake
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

CSI Season 3 starts 9.00pm C5 Tuesday 28th, its also followed by Boomtown at 9.50, it looks like it could be good as well :D

CSI: Miami starts on Saturday the 1st of Feb C5 at 9.05pm. The episode of CSI season two, (Cross-Juristrictions) when Catherine and Warrick have work with their counterparts in Miami, is being repeated this Saturday the 25th to set the scene for the spin off series.

Enjoy

FishCake

2. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I saw this last night, David Caruso was very watchable for a change, his character looks like shaping up to be a good one (especially from the 'I lost someone once' scene with the little girl).

Looking forward to Tuesday night CSI/Boomtown double bill on C5 :)

3. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    I used to love Caruso in NYPD BLue. But his character got stale and too predictable. Having watched the CSI Miami episode both times it's been shown, I see little change. Yes he does the sincerity and man on a mission to be avoided pieces well enough though that's pretty much it. Americans soak up enforcement characters who see children (unsurprisingly) but also women/cops as ranking for respect and in special need above others. And who go about their job by threatening others with lines about how you wouldn't want them in your tailgate 24/7 if you don't yeild to their will.
    Caruso will play it thus; a hard ass not to be trifled with by official or criminal, but one who has sincerity/respect pockets for the needy - female counterparts, victims and the odd swerveball criminal he judges worthy of such. Oh and his team will comprise some male counterparts that make him look worthy and thoughtsome. This second paragraph seems a tautology of the first, get the idea?!
    In short, NYPD Blue for the new millennium.

That reminds me, haven't watched King of New York for a while...

4. MrFurious

MrFurious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,546
    What i am about to say might be controversial but i actually like c5,they show a couple of goods films a week and have excellent crprogrammes which i love,all the real life ones and especially the csi and cant wait to see boomtown.:D

5. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112

Are you a market trader:confused: :p

6. JaseyJay

JaseyJay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I actually rate five quite highly now - The Shield, CSI, CSI Miami and now Boomtown.

Although for a minute thought I was watching Band of Brothers.

:cool:

7. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I liked the new CSI: Fast & The Furious episode last night :D
    Still, some excellent cutaway scenes, the guy getting shot through the face and the brain/autopsy sequence.

Boomtown looks like it could get really engrossing, fairly impressed with the opening episode.

Not being a huge watcher of five, do they always run the adverts so that two shows follow each other without an advert break? I noticed the ad breaks they did have were longer than usual but thought it was definitely worth the trade to have the two shows run concurrently.

8. Bonesy

Bonesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Loved the Shield,

Didn't like CSI last night,

Too stylised, predicatable characters, daft story - if the old guy thinks long enough he'll work out what is going on....yeah, right..

The cut sequences invariably halted the flow, as they were put in the middle of a serious acting scenes.

and guess what, Barry Sodneburger... should have guesses.

Now, the shield was gritty, and unpredicatable.

and won awards...

9. Bonesy

Bonesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    oh - and even Tiff Nedell on last series' Top Gear did a better expose and re-creation of the atmosphere of a US street racing scene than CSI managed.

- I mean, when that woman pulled out her handy decibel SPL and threatened that young lad... how daft ?

10. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe it's just that some of us can ;)

11. Bonesy

Bonesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    see, when david/kenny lynch does a confusing plot, he says - stuff it, try and work it out,

but when bazza sozza gets out of he's depth, his hero suddenly realises what is going on, and convienently explains it to his colleagues so that the viewers can get the daft plot as well,

I spose ya pays ya money...

12. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Personally thought it all hung together well and tied up nicely. Saw the candy/sweet thing coming a mile off though.

The idea with the 'hero' is that working that stuff out is his entire life, hence he can do it with consumate style and professionalism.

I tend to work in a similar manner.

13. Bonesy

Bonesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    well, I missed the 1st 10 mins, so did not see the candy thing coming a mile of, so the word 'contrived' sprung to mind...

to re-enact a bit for those that missed it...

man1 "cool-noz"
    man2 " yeah, man-nozzzz"

woman 1" nozz ?, ahh-nozzz!"

man 2 "yeahhh Nozzzzzz"

man 1 (to camera, for viewers) " engines working by burning a mixture of fuel and air, and it is this mixture that affects the power......blah, blah, blah......"

woman 1 " yeah, nozzzz !

me " what a steaming pile of ..."

14. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's OK then.

It works a lot better when you see the plot being set-up and established in the first 10 minutes ;)

15. Bonesy

Bonesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    ahhh, I see -

the first 10 mins are the good bit, and I unfortunately caught only the crap remaining 50 mins..

strange, as every other sub-plot was completely shallow, such as

"hang on, don't come in here, accusing my son of murdering someone with a'gun' similar to my one, just because he knows who murdered his mother two years ago, got no justice, and decided strangely to spend $100K on a car to take up the very hobby that caused that very murder ...."

woman 1" okay, we'll be back with a warrant !"

yawn...

16. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree, it must be crap.

17. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

Well, the first episode of "CSI" Season 3, wasn't a great season opener, but still had some great stuff in. Greg's constant hassling of Sarah Sidel (to get a date with her) r.e. "I'll tell you the answer to your question, when you answer mine.", etc, etc was kinda fun, as was the incredible bullet-through-the head and autopsy scenes. (Very graphic, for a CSI episode though!).

I didn't get to see "Boomtown" only because "Homicide: Life On The Street" was on the Hallmark Channel at the same time.

It's a shame that Five don't look like they're giving either of these two shows a weekly repeat. But I guess with "CSI Miami" and "Law And Order" as well, that sparing another 4 hours of their schedules would be a bit of an overkill.

Pooch

18. Bonesy

Bonesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    or... they're planning to launch a Channel5 - II, or channel 5 mix channel elsewhere on sky... as the trend seems to be?

19. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,236
    I too thought of the candy’s and wondered when they were going to come into the plot. The biggest disappointment was that they are still doing two stories in one episode I preferred the deeper one story line.

Spoiler could not the waitress be charged with some form of murder charge after all it was here eye drops that tipped the balance in the Candyman’s death???? End of Spoiler

Boomtown wasn’t bad as an opener trying to get into a different type of story telling.

20. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

21. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,236

22. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Quite liked the way they set up 'Fearless' with his list of things to do before he died, should provide some good material for future episodes.