Quantcast

New self build Equipment location

Adders21

Novice Member
Hi All,

Hopefully I'm posting in the correct thread/forum

Can anyone offer some advice on location of AV equipment and furniture in our new living room?

I'm at the planning stage for a new self build. Application currently in with our council. So we have no restrictions on sockets and a blank canvas for cabling.

Our living room will be 6mt x 5mt with bi fold doors at the 6mt end. 2 doors both on one 6 mt run, 1 at the bi fold end and another at the opposite end.
Plan attached showing 2 sofas for scale. I've also labelled the walls for ease when, hopefully, describing suggested locations.

We currently plan to have a faux chimney breast (not essential but desired) which will not hold a fire but we plan to have lighted shelves with art works in. Not decided which wall yet.

Within the room we want to place a 55 inch TV, turntable with amp, subwoofer, soundbar, 2 rear speakers and 2 front speakers.
We wish to get surround sound with this set up to cover, as best as possible, our seating area. Appreciate that there will be sweet points.

We have 2 sofas to go in the room and would like to add an arm chair, although not essential.

All and any thoughts and suggestions gratefully received.

Cheers
Lounge.jpg

password1

TV on wall B, avr in a cabinet under the TV

surround speakers on A and C

Either wall A or C or B would work, whichever wall.has no radiator.

Adders21

Novice Member
Hi Password1, thank you for your input
Since posting I had warmed to the idea of putting the TV on wall A
Any thoughts on reflection on the TV

Top Bottom