New Second Hand Sky Box

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by BUSTER6348, Apr 25, 2007.

1. BUSTER6348

BUSTER6348

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good evening this is my first post and I would be eternally grateful if anyone could give me a possible answer to my predicament as it is driving me mad!!!

I currently have an old Pace sky digibox and have subscribed to the full package of sky for some years, that is the movies, sports etc. A friend of mine has recently had enough of sky and gave me his newer digibox, he only subscribed to a lesser package, no movies, sports, this is a silver Grundig sky digibox. I have recently tried to connect the newer Grundig box to my Tv and all I can receive is his old sky package. I have of course, inserted my sky viewing card and have new scarts and everything but still cannot see movies, sports etc. My wife spent an unearthly amount of time on the phone to sky and they could give us no answer apart from getting one of the engineers out at £65 a time which I am really loathed to do!

Any suggestions gratefully received!!!

GB

2. Abbeygoo

Abbeygoo
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,165
    Did you ask Sky to pair the card with the box? They should realise what the solution is but if you connect to the wrong person :suicide: ring them back and explain you have purchased a replacement digibox and wish to pair your viewing card to the box - should be relatively straightforward.

Have the viewing card number handy and the make, model, reference of the digibox too - have a look under services on the Sky menu for these details.

Good luck with being on hold for about 20 minutes ..... :smashin: