New screen (Elite, Optoma, Sapphire or something else)?

Cruixer

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I've been using an old Sanyo plv-z700 (on its second lamp), with a 92" Panoview screen for many years now, in a standard living room with blackout blinds, and have been reasonably happy with this. I've done a bit of rearranging over the last couple of weeks and found a better layout, but with the screen further away (14.5'/4.41m) so looking to move up to a 120" screen. I've been using a £15 foldup £120 screen from Amazon to experiment with different sizes and think 120" would work. A 106" screen would fit better in the space, but feels a little small at the distance.

I've been looking at screens at around £200-250. I know this is on the lower end for many on these forums, but not sure with my limited setup that I would see the benefit from spending a lot more. So far thinking that Elite, Sapphire and Optima (which seems to be the successor to my Panoview screen from what I can see) look ok. Anyone used these and able to recommend?

DS-9120MGA 120" diagonal 16:9 manual pull down screen

Sapphire manual pull down

Elite manual pull down

Thanks

Hi all,
I've been using an old Sanyo plv-z700 (on its second lamp), with a 92" Panoview screen for many years now, in a standard living room with blackout blinds, and have been reasonably happy with this. I've done a bit of rearranging over the last couple of weeks and found a better layout, but with the screen further away (14.5'/4.41m) so looking to move up to a 120" screen. I've been using a £15 foldup £120 screen from Amazon to experiment with different sizes and think 120" would work. A 106" screen would fit better in the space, but feels a little small at the distance.

I've been looking at screens at around £200-250. I know this is on the lower end for many on these forums, but not sure with my limited setup that I would see the benefit from spending a lot more. So far thinking that Elite, Sapphire and Optima (which seems to be the successor to my Panoview screen from what I can see) look ok. Anyone used these and able to recommend?

DS-9120MGA 120" diagonal 16:9 manual pull down screen

Sapphire manual pull down

Elite manual pull down

Thanks

I'd browse second hand forums and try and grab a deal there. grandview is a good brand good quality.

I'd browse second hand forums and try and grab a deal there. grandview is a good brand good quality.

Thanks kenshingintoki. I took a look at these, although there is nothing available second hand at the moment for Grandview 120" manual.

What is it you feel is the improvement the grandview gives over the screens I mentioned?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom