• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

New Sat Nav recommendation

7stone4

Standard Member
Hi all,

I am hoping that someone can help me. I am in the market for a new Sat Nav, anything around 120pounds really.
My last Sat Nav is really bad and takes me on the worst routes ever...(crosses the river from South to North to London then finds another bridge to cross from North to South London then finally crosses again (!!!) to get me to my destination. I suppose thats what you get why you buy something non branded from your brother for 30quid (lesson learned!).

I want two important things from a Sat Nav:
A zoom out facility to you can see where the route the sat nav intends to take you on, and the ability to change the route easily if this is not the way you want to go. I think i'm looking for something like when you enter directions on googlemaps and it shows your route with the blue line which you can drag to the roads you want to use.
To be honest I don't even know if this exists.
Oh and lane control would be a bonus too.

Thanks for any help

D

Deleted member 207985

I do not think you get all your desires for £120 but most of them will be available on Garmins and Tom Toms. In my opionion Garmin gives better value for money. I have just swapped a nuvi 250 (current cost about £100 - and the route could be varied) with a Garmin 265WT at £150. The 265WT has the advantage of built in bluetooth for hands free phone calls; free live traffic updates for life; and the voice guildance speaks the street names. Both models come with full UK and european street mapping

Last edited by a moderator:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom