Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

new sanyo widescreen projector - plv60

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by The Spaniard, Apr 11, 2001.

1. The Spaniard

The Spaniard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    Hi everyone, I have been away for a little while but now I'm Back! I have just been catching up on the threads and it seems I have missed some fun and games..... I agree with everyone who realises that the advice and indepth knowledge we get from people like Chris and Gordon is invaluable. Nuff said.Now..... has anyone got any news on when the new Sanyo widescreen will be available in the U.K. and who will have one first. As some of you will know I have been waiting for some time for this baby and hope that it will tempt me to spend some money on my first and hopefully last ( for some considerable time at least ) projector! That is unless any of you know better?

2. Paul D

Paul D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +534
    Welcome back!. I was wondering if you had bought a projector and did'nt have time to go online! :D . To be honest, i had just bought my tosh when you first came on looking for a projector. And i was thinking it would be better having "something" even if it had some faults rather then waiting for something that may never come, and even if it did, it may not be perfect anyway. However i did find your posts honest and amusing, ie you were saying what i was thinking.
    The thing is there is always going to be something new/improved around the corner, so i took the plunge with my Tosh MT1. And if this year something comes along which i feel is much better, i could always trade the tosh in.
    BUT i have i small confession to make. I have only started to use my projector in the last fortnight, as i have been building my Home Cinema!. So maybe i could have waited for the new Sanyo. :(
    I have no doubts that the newer models of all the projectors will be better this year and i will watch the reviews with eagerness.
    I love the tosh and don't see it going for a long time. I had a few niggles at first, but i have just connected it up to a new HCPC i made and i can now say i am fully satisfied with the picture quaility. :)
    It turns out that the tosh is very accurate with the picture source,ie put crap in get crap out!.
    I'am just waiting for Gordons projector event to sorted out, not just to see some projectors back to back but to meet up with some of the forum members.
    :cool:
    Keep us up to date with your epic quest!...Paul

3. Nuno Santos

Nuno Santos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi Spaniard!

Well come back!
    I'm also waiting since forever for this projector !! At the AVS forum, is at least one member who already bought it and we're waiting for him to post some comments.
    A few days ago another new projector came to my attention that might be worth a look: the Toshiba MT7 also has 16:9 LCD panels although not the same as the ones used by the the PLV60 and the 10HT. Do you have any knowledge on this?

Cheers,

NS

4. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    The latest provisional date for the PLV60 is late April/early May. This could slip back though so don't camp out at the dealers.

As for who'll get one first, that very much depends on which dealers buy one after a demo.

Regards

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had a demo of the MT7 at CES in January. I was suitabley impressed. They were running a 1080i demo.

I have a leaflet on it somewhere, if that's any use. I guess it's all down to what price it arrives in the UK... if and when it does.

6. The Spaniard

The Spaniard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    Anyone interested in this projector would do well to take a look at the avs forum as there is a guy in the states who has taken delivery and is about to go public!! There is also a nice little debate on the pixel issue and whether or not we are all being taken for a ride....worth a look

Regards

The Spaniard ;)