• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

New Samsung UN39FH500 strong odor, might return for Panasonic how do they compare?

Nobodynow

Novice Member
I just purchased at Bestbuy a Samsung UN39FH500 39" LED TV it stunk up the car the whole way home and my living room and hallway now reek after running it for the last 10 hours. I know new electronics smell but this seems way worse then usual.

I know it sounds crazy, it's just making everyone in the house ill, headaches etc.. So I'm thinking of just returning it and trying my luck with another TV, not sure if any other brand would be any better then Samsung in this regard.

Right now I'm looking at the Panasonic TC-39A400U but I'm not sure how well Panasonic stack up against Samsung, I'm pretty happy with the picture and sound of the Samsung but not at the risk of making everyone sick :/

JayCee

Distinguished Member
You'd be better off posting at AVsForum
This is a UK/European forum.
There should be no smell from any new Tv...was the set brand new and in a sealed box?
I can only suggest you'd need to question Bestbuy as to where it was stored before delivery.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom