New Samsung Sky HD box problem

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by dangerdan, Feb 6, 2009.

1. dangerdan

dangerdan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    I've recently had a Sky HD install and been given a Samsung box. I cannot fault the image in either SD or HD, nor is it noisy, it is barely audible.

The big problem is that the remote is incapable of communicating with the box. I've tried two different remote and have come to the assumption that the TV is causing the issues. (The remote communicates with the box fine when the TV is turned off) There appears to be some conflicts between the IR used by the TV remote and the IR used by the Sky remote.

I have looked through the forum and this has only confirmed my fears, there have been quite a few threads regarding this issue but none have came up with a definitive solution.

I have seen a few people recomend a magic eye and would like to know whether this would work.

Also like to know whether there have been any solutions which don't require me spending more money.

:thumbsup:

2. serial killer

serial killer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    it would work as far as i know m8 but so would this

Best Flat Screen SKY Magic Eye (Antiference) SMALL ! on eBay, also, Remote Controls, Satellite Cable Freeview, Consumer Electronics (end time 04-Mar-09 15:35:05 GMT)

been around half price might be worth a go although i cant speak for the seller or product.

i have found that after a couple of minutes my remote works fine its just when the tv is first turned on that i get problems. i have taken to turning the tv on when i walk in from work going and making a drink by which time the ir from the tv has settled down and all is well.

not ideal but hey it works

3. dangerdan

dangerdan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Problem resolved, I have literally moved the box 12 inches to the left and now in works fine.

4. bond820

bond820

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had my Samsung Sky HD box installed about a month ago and have also experienced the weird remote issue. If I switch on the TV from standby everything works fine but if I change my input to HDMI2 or Component to do something else i.e play xbox 360 and then switch back to HDMI1 ( Sky HD input ) the picture and audio are fine but the HD remote doesnt do anything. To fix it all I do is put the TV on standby and switch it back on again. Annoying but at least its a fix.

5. mattyduk

mattyduk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    does this device have to connect to RF2 on the sky hd box, as I'm using that to run the signal upstairs. RF1 is completely free