New Samsung Phone release on 15th June

I was selected through a prize draw for a new Samsung phone to be released on 15th June in the middle of some massive media...

I will actually get the phone when it is relseased (fingers crossed), and I have already been shot as part of the viral advertisement shoot .. :)rotfl:) yeah, that was fun ...

But I am unaware of the phone model. It is linked online here ...

Does anyone have any idea ??

ADDED:
Here's the link to my advert:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Zedzse7F8Q

Last edited:
58 views and no one has any clue ? It has to be the best kept secret of the year then ...
:rotfl: lol

It seems there are some more leaked pictures of "a" Samsung phone to be launched sometime soon, but there is talk to about 13 phones to be launched sometime this year, so this could be one of many to come ....

MarkP80

Seems it's to be called the Jet....

Samsung has launched the Jet mobile phone handset: a touchscreen device with fast processing power, a 3.1-inch Amoled display and described by Samsung as being 'smarter than a smartphone'.
Called the Jet due to its speed according to Samsung, the mobile phone features two processors: one reserved for taking calls, and a second 800MHz processor for running applications. Samsung says the Jet as offering 'breathtaking speed and stunning performance, making it the fastest touch handset on the market today'.

The Amoled (Active Matrix Organic Light Emitting Diode) screen is an emerging display technology, which is intended to produce better image quality than conventional LCD screens while using less power. Samsung claims that these screens use in the region of 40% less energy, boosting the length of the battery life.

so, we wait again, for the next phone to come out. :rolleyes:

But no Wi-Fi :eek:

MarkP

Last edited:

Samsung has launched the Jet mobile phone handset: a touchscreen device with fast processing power, a 3.1-inch Amoled display and described by Samsung as being 'smarter than a smartphone'.
Called the Jet due to its speed according to Samsung, the mobile phone features two processors: one reserved for taking calls, and a second 800MHz processor for running applications. Samsung says the Jet as offering 'breathtaking speed and stunning performance, making it the fastest touch handset on the market today'.

The Amoled (Active Matrix Organic Light Emitting Diode) screen is an emerging display technology, which is intended to produce better image quality than conventional LCD screens while using less power. Samsung claims that these screens use in the region of 40% less energy, boosting the length of the battery life.

MarkP
Awaiting for the delivery of my phone, and will update with some info once its in my hands!

jet_andy

MarkP
Conflicting reports - both Vodafone's and Samsung's websites say that it does and doesn't have wifi on the same page?

More investigation needed......

jaztim

Novice Member
Seen one today, in the flesh
WIfi Included.

was a sim free version
Phone ALWAYS looks dirty....

SamsungBoy

Standard Member
Any news on this phone- the samsung jet? Anyone got it.. good or bad?

No-one seems to be talking about it on here.

Also when I have your attention.

I am comming to the end of my contract and was thinking about the nokia 5800 or the lg arena, however orange wants me to pay over £100 for the phones and then have a £35 contract. Where as they're offering these phones for free to new customers.

Sooo.. Is it possible to cancel my contract with orange when its up, wait a day or two and then sign back back up as a new customer?

Thanks.

I finally received the phone from Samsung yesterday.
Since I am not a massive Samsung fan, my impressions will always be biased.

First impressions; the phone set is extremely light weight and small . The pictures don't do it any justice when it comes to its volume. The software feels "very" fast, as it runs on a 800 Mhz processor inside. The operating system is also very snappy.

If anyone needs any more information I can try and find it out.

Also, I am thinking about selling the phone set, since I am a WinMo / Blackberry user. Any ideas, how much it can go for, mind you this is a special edition phone provided by Samsung, as part of its global Unpack Team campaign, comes factory unlocked, with Samsung warranty.

Cheers!

hefalump

Standard Member
I finally received the phone from Samsung yesterday.
Since I am not a massive Samsung fan, my impressions will always be biased.

First impressions; the phone set is extremely light weight and small . The pictures don't do it any justice when it comes to its volume. The software feels "very" fast, as it runs on a 800 Mhz processor inside. The operating system is also very snappy.

If anyone needs any more information I can try and find it out.

Also, I am thinking about selling the phone set, since I am a WinMo / Blackberry user. Any ideas, how much it can go for, mind you this is a special edition phone provided by Samsung, as part of its global Unpack Team campaign, comes factory unlocked, with Samsung warranty.

Cheers!
The Jet only seems to be available on Vodaphone and Orange - I'm currently with O2 and would rather stay with them.

When you say that it comes factory locked would I be able to drop my O2 sim card in and use it? ( I am currently using a Nokia N96).
If so I would be willing to offer you £200 for it :)

Cheers
Stan

When you say that it comes factory locked would I be able to drop my O2 sim card in and use it? ( I am currently using a Nokia N96).
If so I would be willing to offer you £200 for it :)
I'm not sure if mods would let me take an offer here in this thread. So can someone please clarify on this.

As for your offer price, the phone I have in hand has been provided by Samsung and not any network. Thus it comes as "factory unlocked", which means that you could drop in O2, orange or 3 for that matter and it would work with everyone of them.

I have seen these phones go for around 350 mark on that famous auction site. So thanks for starting it but thats not what I am looking for.

RobM

Distinguished Member
Please keep all trading to the For Sale section.

bym007 - If you wish to sell the phone to hefalump please create a For Sale advert in the correct location and list your price :)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom