1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Samsung HT-P70

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by iamhoey, Jul 26, 2005.

1. iamhoey

iamhoey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello All,
    I have been searching for a good all in one system, and I was going to get the JVC TH-SW8, then I changed my mind to the Samsung HT-DS470, which I can't seem to find in any shop. While looking for it I happened upon a new Samsung, the HT-P70.

The specs are great:
    HDMI
    USB Host etc

However, I think it looks a bit hideous. What do you guys think?

It is available from DigiUk for 280 Pounds
    http://www.digiuk.com/productdetail.asp?id=4170&c=1205038&guid=&s=2&sm=1#

And the manual is available from:
    http://www.samsung.com/za/products/hometheatre/hometheatre/ht_p70.asp

What do you guys think? :lease:

Andrew

2. Madkitty

Madkitty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    personally I think its nasty - real 70's look but I suppose it depends what your lounge is like. I got my TH-SW8 yesterday and I adore it to bits...very funly and gorgeous sound

3. iamhoey

iamhoey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My main worry with the TH-SW8 was the diffuse omni-direction rear speakers. Are they actually any good and do you get precise sound directioning (as in can you tell exactly where a sound is meant to be coming from?). Also, I will be using them on a carpet, apparently they work best on a wood floor, what do you have (if you don't mind me asking)?

Many Thanks

Andrew

4. o27

o27

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Where can i buy this HT-P70 at the moment? Can´t really find any info or the manual on samsungs HP?!

I´ve found a Samsung HT-P70N on pixmania.com but in the tech. specs. it doesnt confirm that it has HDMI?

5. o27

o27

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Well as stated above i can see that pixmania has the HT-P70N and two other danish sites has the HT-P70 on pre-order. I´ve sent a mail to pixmania, asking about the different model names.

In the meanwhile i´ve found the manual for the HT-P70 (http://www.samsung.com/me/support/p...typecode=&model=HT-P70&filetype=UM&language=#)

And I must admit that those tech. specs really do impressive me - A LOT - it seems that this all-in-one is THE perfect match for my upcoming LE-32R51B :)

The main features of the HT-P70 (for those of you to lazy to have a look at the manual yourselves :D )

HDMI - 576p, 720p, 1080i
    Faroudja DCDi scaler (p.16 in manual)
    USB Host - JPEG/WMA - supported by: Creative, Yepp and IPOD :thumbsup:
    DivX v. 3.11 - 5.1 & WMV V1/V2/V7 (does this mean that it will be possible to burn the high-def. WMV trailers and watch them om the LE-32R51B without a HTPC????)
    DVD Audio & SACD
    Individual delay on each speaker at set-up
    AV Sync (alias Lip Sync) from 0ms to 300ms
    Programmable mulitremote that works "out-of-the-box" with Samsung tellys

Buttom line is that this is 99.9999% going to be my all-in-one match for the LE-32R51B :clap:
    As it has all i could possibly want in a HTIB plus it offers a relatively high WAF beeing a similar cosmetic looks as the LCD :thumbsup:
    AND the price tag is definately more than reasonable IMHO

So lets hear your thoughts about it guys ;)

6. o27

o27

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    no one? or can annyone confirm that the HT-P70(N) form pixmania also uses HDMI?