New Samsung G600

it comes with a lead with a 3.5mm on the end into which you plug your own headphones or the included ones
sound quality through my sennheisers was pretty good

Ahh cool, I think. I actually just got an adapter for my mobile phone to allow personal earphones and the volume at max is very low. This is why Im tempted by a new mobile, that and Im due an upgrade in a few weeks anyway. How have you found the volume through the adapter, is loud very loud? I like to deafen myself, anything less is unacceptable to me!

Thanks

I've just done what you said, took a pic and moved it to memory card, and there is no view option or zoom, this can only be done when saved on phone memory.

Can anyone else check this out???

Just checked it out again and your right. Sorry about that, not sure what i did before now. My apologies.

Just to let you guys no how to improve the picture quality of your wallpapers you have probably found by now if you take a picture or receive a bluetooth picture then set it as your wallpaper the screen becomes very blotchy and blurry.

Plug your G600 into your pc or laptop and upload all your photos to the pc.
Then locate where you have stored the pictures and drag them back into your g600 file space and you will see a great improvement in picture quality it also gets rid of the blotchy and compressed look

Is it just me or is the quality of the camera really poor? My old K750 was better at 2mp. All the shots with the G600 just aren't sharp enough. Not expecting wonders from a camera on a phone but I thought that they would be better then this.

The software for the PC's a bit buggy as well but the MP11 sync works well. But apart from that, nice phone - sure a firmware update will sort out the camera quality at some point.

I don't want to sound stupid, but I took some pics with the g6oo and thought they were pants. Then I realised that the default settings were 800 by 600 not the full 5mp. When I changed these settings I was pleasantly blown away, i've compared to another phone and that just didn't come close. Also I hear that they print well, but I'm yet to do this.

The pics I took were huge too, and looked pretty clear. I took some random test shots of an old radiator in a fluorescent strip-light lit room, (i.e. bad lighting and straight lines) they came out really well. I cant say how it compares to the Sonys and Nokias on the market but I think its pretty damn good.

I did however manage to use an entire battery in one day, simply by leaving bluetooth on, thinking about buying a second battery for those occasions where charging is not convenient. And my network say that the standard in box battery should last only 6 days in ideal condition.

Anyone else had battery life issues?

After messing round a bit and getting used to samsung i can say this is my favourite phone ever. Loved my nokia n70 when it first came out nokia 6288 looked trendy but never liked the music player.

My ratings for my phone:
SE K750i 5/10 (Sold it on ebay)

Nokia N70 8/10 (Good solid phone, but now looking a bit dated, Still a bargain if you can pick up a cheap one)

Nokia E65 6/10 ( HATED the material of phone plus far too small buttons, nice wifi though)

Nokia 6288 8/10 (Nice, Fast, Reliable, just nothing special)

Nokia N80 7/10 ( Nice features but too big and clunky)

Samsung G600 9/10 (By far the best phone I have had, loving the music player and camera is amazing just sold me digi cam for £35 paid two months off contract so very happy.

Can only see N95 competing with g600 well until next year

This phone better be good cos I will be ordering it on Tuesday!!! Hows the battery life? Any nice pics or vids of it available?
:)

Has anyone got the album art feature working yet? I have tried everything the software is a waste of time!

Hi guys,

With regards to the picture quality. I take it most people are complaining when viewing the pictures on the phone screen not the PC. If this is the case, quite simple answer, the picture has to be extremely compressed to be shown on such a small screen relative to the picture size, this is causing the so called distorted/blurred images people are seeing. If you dl them onto a PC I think you will find the picture quality for a camera phone to be excellent.

If you then transfer the pictures back to the phone I would imagine the Samsung software scales the picture to the correct size during the transfer.

It's also worth checking the camera settings as pointed out by an earlier poster, this also includes the resolution, metering and quality settings.

ne1 no if u van access the memory card from the actual software or do u have to take the memory card out then put it in a reader for it to work?!?

any help will be appreciated!

tHANX

Me too, I think the focus or sharpness has a problem. I compared to SE K800 (3mp) which was sharper, for both far and near objects.

Firmware issue?

Is it just me or is the quality of the camera really poor? My old K750 was better at 2mp. All the shots with the G600 just aren't sharp enough. Not expecting wonders from a camera on a phone but I thought that they would be better then this.

The software for the PC's a bit buggy as well but the MP11 sync works well. But apart from that, nice phone - sure a firmware update will sort out the camera quality at some point.

Just ordered a G600 on T-Mobile, from The Order. Been looking forward to this phone for months, Will have it on Tuesday. Can't wait.

Hi all.

Had my G600 since Tuesday. Got it on contract with vodafone.
Came with this amazingly cool bluetooth headset & 1Gb memory card.
This is my current evaluation:

Good
1.Nice weight
2.Feels solid
3.Nice screen size & resolution
4.Camera seems quite decent (so far)

Bad
1.That bloody noise it makes anytime you send a text/delete an item/etc - I don't think you can turn it off!!
2.Four text message tones - not customisable? WTF??
3.Key mapping for texting. What idiot put the apostrophe in a sub menu? It's probably one of the 3 most used symbols!
4.Only one dynamic home screen image - and it's a crap view of Big Ben. (on the u600 at east it had the bridge & water)
5. Phone seems very barren & not customisable at all. It's as if Samsung were that keen to get a 5Meg camera out there that they forgot about the basics.
6. Slide seens a little loose - I've noticed the top wobbles a bit when texting
7. Phone crashes now & again when texting.

If anyone knows of ways around 1 & 3 in the bad column, please tell me!
I'm seriously considering returning the phone because of these.

Edit: To turn off the exclamation noise, use the volume button at the side when in idle mode. Apparently there is no way to change the key mapping though. Stupid Samsung

As I said in my other post I'm receiving the phone on Tuesday. I'm looking for a memory card I know it comes with 1gb as standard but I need it bigger really so my question is does anyone know what the max size then phone can take?

Hi all.

Had my G600 since Tuesday. Got it on contract with vodafone.
Came with this amazingly cool bluetooth headset & 1Gb memory card.
This is my current evaluation:

Good
1.Nice weight
2.Feels solid
3.Nice screen size & resolution
4.Camera seems quite decent (so far)

Bad
1.That bloody noise it makes anytime you send a text/delete an item/etc - I don't think you can turn it off!!
2.Four text message tones - not customisable? WTF??
3.Key mapping for texting. What idiot put the apostrophe in a sub menu? It's probably one of the 3 most used symbols!
4.Only one dynamic home screen image - and it's a crap view of Big Ben. (on the u600 at east it had the bridge & water)
5. Phone seems very barren & not customisable at all. It's as if Samsung were that keen to get a 5Meg camera out there that they forgot about the basics.
6. Slide seens a little loose - I've noticed the top wobbles a bit when texting
7. Phone crashes now & again when texting.

If anyone knows of ways around 1 & 3 in the bad column, please tell me!
I'm seriously considering returning the phone because of these.

Edit: To turn off the exclamation noise, use the volume button at the side when in idle mode. Apparently there is no way to change the key mapping though. Stupid Samsung

that sound that it makes when sending a text. i've never heard any mention of that sound when sending a text on the g600. the only people that i know that have that sound are t-mobile customers of the u600/d900/u700.
eevryone else seems to say that its solidly built, very customisable(the UI is more like SE)
your problems that you're experiencing seem to be all network branding related.

mhcq2002
2GB

My mate bought a G600 yesterday on Orange, does the same irritating noise.

Having a lot of probs with the pc software - not impressed with it.

My wife got her G600 last Friday, I think she's pleased with it except for a couple of things
1) in idle mode the phone looks like its off, a dim display of date and time would be good (like on her old D500)
2) cant seem to set up voice dialling, if it's possiible then the instuctions are well hidden

We havn't really examined the picture quality yet, hopefully it will rival my N95 which is utterly fantastic.

Got mine this morning, been playing around with it most of today and I completely love it. Feels nice holding it in your hand, easy to use fast menus. 10 out of 10.

hi guys,just joined this forum.
i got my sexy g600 last night. i feels good!!!
seems a few are not happy YET.
facts... sammy.s are the best looking and the technoligy is great, we just need to fathom it out? ive played with mine all day (phone)!! even played music and battery is still full.
i dont have any annoying tones when texting etc, and ive even got rid of the very annoying text ***** that pops up ( i dont meen predictive) i think we should stop saying i hate it, i dont like it, its not working!!! together we can work it out and enjoy!
a few thigs we need to get right.
1. best camera setting including step by step on how to set it ( we are not all geeks)!!
2 how to get album art with our music.
lets all love it together!!!
ps, dont ask about changing message tones!!

Could someone who owns this phone answer me a very simple question please.

Im just wondering if it has a 3.5mm jack for using your own personal earphones?

Cant seem to find this information out by google searching!

Cheers :)

yes it has and due to this jack yr limits are endless, good move sammy!!

hi guys,just joined this forum.
i got my sexy g600 last night. i feels good!!!
seems a few are not happy YET.
facts... sammy.s are the best looking and the technoligy is great, we just need to fathom it out? ive played with mine all day (phone)!! even played music and battery is still full.
i dont have any annoying tones when texting etc, and ive even got rid of the very annoying text ***** that pops up ( i dont meen predictive) i think we should stop saying i hate it, i dont like it, its not working!!! together we can work it out and enjoy!
a few thigs we need to get right.
1. best camera setting including step by step on how to set it ( we are not all geeks)!!
2 how to get album art with our music.
lets all love it together!!!
ps, dont ask about changing message tones!!

pps i got mine free from o2 online £30 pm @ 600mins+1000 textx+ unlimited o2calls. BARGAIN!!

A few things i have found out since having it yesterday and a few things that still puzzle me.

The images do looked squashed but it is because of the screen size and rotation, you can however rotate these in menu applications image editor, it will not see the memory card so the pics need to be on the phone memory.

as far as the headset goes there is a little tab you pull out at the front of it where you speak into "just like magic"

Overall i do like the phone but i am still not convinced and may swap to the
N95 i have just switched from the N80 (i know the N95 has issues battery etc but i am use to it wiht the N80)

I totally agree with most comments there is alot missing from this phone basic zoom function, flash, voice dialling. I think its a case of style over content.

No stupid touch sensitive keys (that is good)

One of the things that has me scratching my head is the camera i mean i take a 3mp with my n80 and its around 1MB each time i take it with the 5MP samsung and its half a meg????? Also the voice on the video is very very tinny even thought the quality is very good plus you can hook it up to tv direct with the correct cable. I am still not 100% on this phone, also the lous speaker is not on par with N80

Style & Looks 9
Ease of use 7
Menu & Functions 6 (u can change the colour but not the style)
Camera 8 (quality)
Applications 5

Themes not the best on here to, also no read recipt on the messages (come on samsung basic phone features)

yes it does have flash
yes it does have reciept on messages

Anyone know why this is no longer listed on the o2 website?:confused:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom