New Samsung G600

rlc555

Standard Member
Anyone know how to add album art to the new g600

I think you need to use samsung pc studio

I cant seem to see where you attach them, and it what format.

I dont think you can download them

any help appreciated

thanks

Pacemaker10000

sorry cant help you yet still finding my way around too
any chance you could answer my question about charging the headset?
cheers

Golfpunk

how is it btw? Is there still a major delay on taking a picture? Anyother immediate flaws? I am very picky about my mobiles!:D

Thinking of getting one at weekend seeing as it doesn't have the god awful touch sensitive buttons of the U600.

Pacemaker10000

how is it btw? Is there still a major delay on taking a picture? Anyother immediate flaws? I am very picky about my mobiles!:D

Thinking of getting one at weekend seeing as it doesn't have the god awful touch sensitive buttons of the U600.

the only other mobile i considered is the iminent K850i
i have the phone on a 14 day return and am picky
i just compared camera quality to a K800i and it is far better i have read that the 850 is only marginaly better than that
delay seems ok but i am no expert, it is certainly better than the K800
the music player quality is better than my ipod video
only picky thing at the moment for me is the font size on the calculator

SeanMc172

Banned
having real problems with mine, anyone that bluetooth me pictures look horrible and all compressed.

Think it may be faulty

rlc555

Standard Member
Found a way to the album art,
you can use windows media player and sync your playlists, it brings the art over then.

Must be an easier way tho, just need to know what size and format the pic needs to be and where to put it.

As for the bluetooth charging form the usb cable, I will try it shortly and post if this works.

Having had the phone for a week now, I am very impressed.

H

hannabalecta

i got the samsung g600 yesturday and i am dissapointed with the photos. i take a picture and the quality is fine and it looks great but when i go to look at the picture again its all blurry and looks rubbish has anybody else got this problem???
can it be fixed???

SeanMc172

Banned
I have the exact same problem wonder our phones are faulty

SeanMc172

Banned
Anyone else have this problem or is it something where doing wrong

rlc555

Standard Member
Think this problem is due to then fact that you Cant seem to rotate pictures into landscape when viewing them back.

When a photo is taken the camera is held in the horizontal position with the button on top, so the picture taken is in landscape.

Yet when viewing back , the pictures are shown when the phone is in its normal vertical position, the pictures are rotated, but because of this they are very small and look blurry.
Whats the point of having a big screen if the pics are not shown in the correct format.

I use to hve a k800i and you could roate and the pics looked great. you could also zoom into the pics and that was only a 3.2MP.

Am I missing something, or is this phone seriously lacking some basic features

SeanMc172

Banned
What i dont understand is people are raving about the camera on this phone and pictures but they look dreadful on the phone,

Just sent mine back and getting another on thursday if it still the same problem I wont be touching another samsung phone.

Probably get a new motorola

Pacemaker10000

my pics look good on the phone, but is annoying you cant see them in 'widescreen'
my niggles are:
cant customise message alert
calculator font is tiny considering the screen size
no voice dialling
dosnt save camera settings ie flash mode
no image stabalizer
no xenon

basicaly everthing the K850i does, so may send it back
but it is cute though and the music player is quality

wayne8766

Standard Member
A few things i have found out since having it yesterday and a few things that still puzzle me.

The images do looked squashed but it is because of the screen size and rotation, you can however rotate these in menu applications image editor, it will not see the memory card so the pics need to be on the phone memory.

as far as the headset goes there is a little tab you pull out at the front of it where you speak into "just like magic"

Overall i do like the phone but i am still not convinced and may swap to the
N95 i have just switched from the N80 (i know the N95 has issues battery etc but i am use to it wiht the N80)

I totally agree with most comments there is alot missing from this phone basic zoom function, flash, voice dialling. I think its a case of style over content.

No stupid touch sensitive keys (that is good)

One of the things that has me scratching my head is the camera i mean i take a 3mp with my n80 and its around 1MB each time i take it with the 5MP samsung and its half a meg????? Also the voice on the video is very very tinny even thought the quality is very good plus you can hook it up to tv direct with the correct cable. I am still not 100% on this phone, also the lous speaker is not on par with N80

Style & Looks 9
Ease of use 7
Menu & Functions 6 (u can change the colour but not the style)
Camera 8 (quality)
Applications 5

Themes not the best on here to, also no read recipt on the messages (come on samsung basic phone features)

Pacemaker10000

as far as the headset goes there is a little tab you pull out at the front of it where you speak into "just like magic"
)

Eh?
the tab gives access to the charger point
can you answer a question for me please about the headset?
using the adaptor i can charge it from the mains(light comes on) but not the USB lead....weird!
also although the phone charges from USB it does not appear to 'fully' charge

by the way i said befroe it had no image stabaliser yet spec says it has so maybe its automatic?

SeanMc172

Banned
I have tried a lot of photos as wallpapers and comparing them to the same photos on the nokia 6288 they look so poor. No colour,washed out look and full of pixels and compression. The g600 has a 5mega pixel cam and 16million colour screen compared to the nokia 6288 which has a 2 megapixel camera and 262k colour screen

The only way photos work as they should for a wallpaper is if you save them onto computer then transfer them back onto phone.

Will be opting for a moto rizr z8 if i have no luck with new phone.

I can't believe samsung have missed so much out of this phone,

wayne8766

Standard Member
i am not sure reagrding the whole USB charging issue if i had to guess i wouls say it had something to do with the power output for a USB port so it will never quite charge the phone and the headset will not charge.

As i said not 100% about it but that would be my guess

rlc555

Standard Member
Ive also found that you can view in landscape and zoom into photos, but they must be on the phone memory.
Whats going on , they give you a 1gig card, but you cant do these functions on it...come on samsung sort it out.

Also I wouldnt bother with a motorola z8, they are having massive problems/returns with them and vodafone have stopped selling them.

rlc555

Standard Member
still cant get the album art to work correctly.

If you sync with media player you can get album coverson, but it seems to get some wrong and miss others out.

Need to know how to do it manually, where to put the image and in what format.

Has anyone had any success with a playlist/album list that works correctly

EnigmaCode

Also I wouldnt bother with a motorola z8, they are having massive problems/returns with them and vodafone have stopped selling them.

the UIQ software is REALLY buggy.

Sent mine back!
to many 'basic' problems for me
decided to wait for the K850i

bad choice. the k850i looks like every other sony ericsson bar phone and the camera isn't even as good as the g600. the g600 outclasses it in every way.

SeanMc172

Banned
I have just received a new Samsung g600 and it still has the same problem as the last one I had where any photos you take look rubbish when used as a wallpaper.

I have found though by uploading photos taken to a computer then going into my pictures and dragging the picture back into the phones memory.

If you do this any pictures taken or bluetoothed to you will look fantastic on your new samsung g600.

coldcutmachine1

Standard Member
Ive also found that you can view in landscape and zoom into photos, but they must be on the phone memory.
Whats going on , they give you a 1gig card, but you cant do these functions on it...come on samsung sort it out.

I've just bought the G600. After reading this thread i decided to take a picture and then move it to my memory card. I went into options the view and it gave me the option to view in full screen whereupon you can zoom and move arond the picture! I don't understand why you cant on yours.

mekes82

Could someone who owns this phone answer me a very simple question please.

Im just wondering if it has a 3.5mm jack for using your own personal earphones?

Cant seem to find this information out by google searching!

Cheers :)

Pacemaker10000

Could someone who owns this phone answer me a very simple question please.

Im just wondering if it has a 3.5mm jack for using your own personal earphones?

Cant seem to find this information out by google searching!

Cheers :)

it comes with a lead with a 3.5mm on the end into which you plug your own headphones or the included ones
sound quality through my sennheisers was pretty good

rlc555

Standard Member
I've just bought the G600. After reading this thread i decided to take a picture and then move it to my memory card. I went into options the view and it gave me the option to view in full screen whereupon you can zoom and move arond the picture! I don't understand why you cant on yours.

I've just done what you said, took a pic and moved it to memory card, and there is no view option or zoom, this can only be done when saved on phone memory.

Can anyone else check this out???

The latest video from AVForums

Bowers PI7 wireless in-ear headphones review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Technics launches SL-1200MK7 DJ turntable in silver
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins launch PI7 and PI5 True Wireless headphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Technics introduces affordable SL-100C turntable