New Samsung firmware T-VALDEUC-3005.1

niots

Standard Member
Has anyone downloaded the new T-VALDEUC-3005.1 firmware?

I only updated the other day to 3003 and lost ALL of my settings and the TV went back to factory default!

I'm worried to try this new one unless I know it's not going to lose all the settings.

Also, anyone got optimal settings for 3D on C8000? They're probably on here somewhere but I can't find them using the search function.

Thanks.

kingkarl

Distinguished Member
Come on you guinea pigs offer your soul and install the usb stick of death :D

thfccambs

Banned
All settings stayed the same when i just upgraded.

niots

Standard Member
Tomorrow I will be posting my settings for both online gaming and 3D...
That'd be great.

I am using a modified version of some settings posted on here for 2D and I think I'm now happy with those settings.

I've got a good picture in 3D but when the camera pans, I get a terrible juddering. I don't get this on 2D.

I'll keep an eye out for your settings.

Thanks.

TranceFan

can someone assist - i downloaded it, copied to usb, clicked the exe, to extract the files, stuck the usb stick in the tv and it says no file available or something???

tried erasing reformating, no joy

arda371

Standard Member
can someone assist - i downloaded it, copied to usb, clicked the exe, to extract the files, stuck the usb stick in the tv and it says no file available or something???

tried erasing reformating, no joy
Download the exe file
Extract it in the USB
Make sure there is a folder named "T-VALDEUC" (this is the exe file that you extracted)
Than I usualy make sure this folder is the ONLY folder(file) in the USB
insert it to the TV
Than upgrade it thrugh the TV's menu

alan27

Standard Member
All , just so you know , I upgraded to this one , and the 3D stop working , you pushed the 3D button then it went all white , did this for some time turning it on and off . finally went to install it again , and it suddenly started to work ... very odd ... will keep an eye .... BTW I went back to default setting

TranceFan

thanks for advice, i redownloaded, executed from the usb, to create the folder, then deleted the exe file and it worked (with just the folder of files on the usb remaining)

toddy28

I have been running this for a couple of days and no problems yet :smashin:

Gizmo967

Standard Member
Actually I've had first issue with this FW today.

I was watching 720p HD video trough USB and at about 90% it just stuck. No button work, power button didn't work either. I've had to unplug power. I'm often watching HD videos trough USB and didn't have any issues at all. Btw after I powered it back, it said USB stick was empty, had to unplug/plug it for it to see content again.

Also I've noticed that sometimes (once or twice) when you press button to change channel it appears and disappears in a sec.

Perhaps those two could be just coincidences after the update but there's a chance that update caused them. Thought I'd share my experience.

Regards

ding76uk

Standard Member
Since updating the firmware (first time as only got TV this week) I am having problems with the Internet TV. More specifically on the settings section and love film.

On settings you go down to account information, it sticks, and then restarts the TV.

Love film you can browse movies, but as soon as you play anything it says buffering and then restarts the TV.

I have reset the internet, and also reset the TV itself and neither have made any difference to this (as well as leaving me to reset all settings).

Anyone else have these problems or have an idea of a solution? It was working perfectly before the update, and iplayer etc. still works perfectly.

offitmassive

All settings stayed the same when i just upgraded.
+1 here,

havent noticed any difference either, but i suppose prevention is better than cure eh!

etavi

Standard Member
I get the HD movie stuck(at random points) behaviour on the 3003 firmware. (and on the one before that)
Does any one have a solution to this ?

gregkelly

Standard Member
Apart from not loosing all settings....not impressed with firmwares since version 2002, have contacted Samsung to see if I can regress from 3005.1

Has anyone managed to downgrade?

Hulk66

Standard Member
Apart from not loosing all settings....not impressed with firmwares since version 2002, have contacted Samsung to see if I can regress from 3005.1

Has anyone managed to downgrade?
Unfortunally,can't downgrade a firmware is 100% :(

saarnold

Hi all,
tried to upgrade via on line upgrade but my tv ( C750 ) says " no software to upgrade currently " - i upgraded my this method in November to get 3003 but for some reason it doesnt seem to work with this further upgrade - any ideas :confused:

PS. I cant upgrade via USB as i have a Mac computer which wont recognise the downloaded file/software in the way that PC/Windows does.

Any help/advise would be appreciated

saarnold

jimjolli

Standard Member
I downloaded the .exe file from samsung but can't open it as I have a mac, and the TV won't read the T-VALDEUC_3005.1.exe file. Is there any other way I can get this firmware update?

Hulk66

Standard Member
I downloaded the .exe file from samsung but can't open it as I have a mac, and the TV won't read the T-VALDEUC_3005.1.exe file. Is there any other way I can get this firmware update?
When you download T-VALDEUC_3005.1.exe file,you must click 2 times over it and estract a .exe file into a USB key (he will ask you where you want to estract the .exe file)--> than unplug the USB key (flash key) from your PC-->plug it in your TV USB space-->and do the update from the USB key :thumbsup:

jimjolli

Standard Member
When you download T-VALDEUC_3005.1.exe file,you must click 2 times over it and estract a .exe file into a USB key (he will ask you where you want to estract the .exe file)--> than unplug the USB key (flash key) from your PC-->plug it in your TV USB space-->and do the update from the USB key :thumbsup:
thank you, but I already tried this and it didn't work.

I don't have a PC, I use a mac, and they don't read .exe files. If I double click it, it opens the file as a document in TextEdit.

SteveAA

Standard Member
thank you, but I already tried this and it didn't work.

I don't have a PC, I use a mac, and they don't read .exe files. If I double click it, it opens the file as a document in TextEdit.
If you use Stuffit Expander to extract the file from the .exe - this is a free download if you don't have it already.

Free StuffIt Expander ® open sit, zip, rar and more

The extracted folder can then be copied onto a USB stick.

As far as I can tell, the .exe is just a self extracting zip file.

I have a Mac & this worked for me to extract the folder.

Cheers,

Steve

Pyrofer

Can anyone tell me if this new 3005.1 has the Yahoo widget working properly as a native app, or if it still runs inside the Samsung [email protected]

When I run the Yahoo widget now from inside Samsung thing it doesnt work properly, you get a black screen where the TV is meant to show through, and it keeps exiting when it shouldnt etc, and its a whole mess.

I saw the Yahoo thing mentioned in the firmware release notes but they are so badly written I have no idea what it actualy means, can anybody tell me how the Yahoo apps work in the 3005.1 ?

WSMGOT

Standard Member
Hi

can anyone tell me if this new firmware should include the previously addressed issues surrounding the handshake/HDMI/lip sync problems which I have, I understand from the specific thred that thse are not sorted on a previous firmware update, I've had my c8000 for a week now and can't watch it through my Onkyo608, not completed any firmware updates as yet as only just found out about them:D

thanks

Illbuy1del

Standard Member
Can anyone tell me if this new 3005.1 has the Yahoo widget working properly as a native app, or if it still runs inside the Samsung [email protected]

When I run the Yahoo widget now from inside Samsung thing it doesnt work properly, you get a black screen where the TV is meant to show through, and it keeps exiting when it shouldnt etc, and its a whole mess.

I saw the Yahoo thing mentioned in the firmware release notes but they are so badly written I have no idea what it actualy means, can anybody tell me how the Yahoo apps work in the 3005.1 ?
Hi, Ive just done update online but get 003003 no other update available, tried yahoo it asks to select your contiinent then your nearest country but the nearest country in the list is Belgium, anyone else had this problem? chris

Trending threads

Latest news

BritBox adds Channel 5 and Comedy Central to roster
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 23rd Sept - Spears and Munsil
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
T+A expands E-Series with PA 1100E integrated amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins unveils new PX wireless ANC headphones