New Samsung DVI/HDMI players

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Ali K, May 19, 2004.

1. Ali K

Ali K

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Amazon.com has put two new Samsung players on pre-sale, DVD-HD941 (circa USD 250) and DVD-HD841 (USD 1700 approx). From what I have managed to gather so far, the costlier version has HDMI and Faroudja DCDI and a 768P output setting that would be ideal for us HS20 owners, the cheaper one has DVI, but it's not yet clear whether it has the Faroudja chipset or the custom output setting.

To all of you out there who own/are interested in DVI/HDMI players; would there be a drop in Pic quality with a good quality (Monster?) HDMI/DVI adapter (I have already bought a 40' DVI cable, rather prematurely it seems as everyone is beginning to go down the HDMi route)? If so do you think it would be worth holding out for the WM9 enabled Bravo D3 which should hopefully have the D1 bugs sorted out

Your input will be greatly appreciated :lease:

2. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    is there actually a release date specified?

ad

3. fulllupo

fulllupo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Im more interested in the stunning Samsung HTDS-1000 all in one

http://www.samsung.com/DigitAll/Glo...n/ICES2004/ppk/HTDS1000/ppk_HTDS1000_over.htm

This has HDMI but i dont know much else about it.

Unbeatable have it advertised:

http://www.unbeatable.co.uk/CatalogueItem_19364.html

But i emailed them to see if it also carried component as i want the HItachi 32pd5200 plasma which doesnt have HDMI. Does have DVI tho. (quick question as not to take over thread, but can i run a DVI cable from a HDMI port?)

Also i emailed samsung and they say they have no plans to release this model in the UK despite unbeatable saying its a UK model that they supply.

Hmmm

4. DELUCAS

DELUCAS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +296
    Hi got a samsung hd 935 rigged up to my 434 hde pioneer via dvi-hdmi !
    There is a vast improvement in pic quality etc..
    The new Samung players hd 941 will include sacd / hdmi / 768 display /silver alu finish plus sought out previous probs ! ie blacks/ remote signal oh and the nasty blue light house effect !!
    will still include the same chipset ! poss specs may change when unit comes here ?!?

5. Ali K

Ali K

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Amazon are currently quoting a July delivery date, though some AVS memebers say it will be out sooner. I forgot to say that 941 will have black level adjustment as well. I was also hoping that it will have none of the glitches of the 931/5 model and be of better quality than the Bravo.

Does anyone know whether a dvi/hdmi adaptor will adversely effect picture quality (I am worried as I have a 40' DVI cable running, no problems with PQ from PC but haven't yet tried it with a player)